Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't think so; these versions' differences are too significant. But if I'm wrong and such a converter actually exists, please tell me. While googling a bit, I found converters that help you convert at least your tilesets and sprites, etc.

By the way, the link you posted is not a real converter; instead, it tries to run a finished XP game with the VX Ace engine. But I cannot see that you could open the XP project in RPG Maker VX Ace.

mario135790

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the way, the link you posted is not a real converter; instead, it tries to run a finished XP game with the VX Ace engine. But I cannot see that you could open the XP project in RPG Maker VX Ace.
Yes, I actually tried that out and that's what it does, I hope to find someway to port my projects to VX Ace, not just for the novelty but also to be able to add more custom stuff to my games, maybe even port them to MV too

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
XP's database is different to VX -> VXA. You might want to find an XP -> VX -> VXA converter in that fashion probably. Maybe @Shaz knows something?

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
There hasn't been much motivation for creating an XP => VX or XP => VX Ace converter given that the mapping systems has been seen as inferior.
Depending on how far you have gotten with your game I'd recommend either staying with XP or jumping straight to MZ with a possible reimplementation.

If you are staying with XP check out:
- RPG Maker XP Ace - https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12899.0.html
- MKXP - https://github.com/Ancurio/mkxp

Good luck with your game
*hugs*

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:
If there was an award for best game dev procrastination, I'd say 'meh, I'll pick it up tomorrow' >_>
Honestly though, I've been staring at the same half-made map for a while now haha! Ahhh, I'm so tired of mapping!
Time to add the support for import/export default RMXP maps. Maybe there will be customized tileset support later. In theory, I can reimplement the entire RMXP inside this RMXP-made game to make more RMXP games. :kaojoy:RMXPFORMATSUPPORT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sysce