Is there any tool that can test play battle/action sequence dynamically?

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello friends, I would like to ask, is there a tool or program that can test play battles dynamically without having to close and restart if I change some parameters of the action swquence?

Sorry for the long sentence. Let me explain. I'm creating action sequence. What I'm doing right now is, change some codes/commands, start test play, engage a battle, use the action sequence to check the difference, close test play, and change coldes/commands again. This process keeps going and is sort of not effencient.

I wonder if there's a tool to let me keep the battle scene, and I just need to click refresh button after changing action sequence parameters, and the change will be presented directly, so I don't have to repeat the close and start thing.

kultie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Given Visu's actions sequence plugins is base on YEP action sequence. Maybe you can use this?

AkraticHuman

Human
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That is a great tool, but VS action sequences are now done via plugin commands in common events, so it wouldn’t translate in any reasonable way.

If someone could make something similar for MZ, that would be pretty amazing.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If your choice are not restricted to Yanfly or Visustella, then there is a new plugin that can do what you want.

I use this new action sequence plugin for upcoming release of SRPG Engine MV Demo, but it require time for me to show the Demo in this forum, because I need to prepare some other things before release (Hopefully at the end of this month).

The action sequence plugins can be used as stand alone without SRPG, and has features to read action sequence from txt files dynamically. As a bonus, you can also perform action sequence on the map with the same notetag.

Last edited:

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kultie Thanks for the info. Yes, as @AkraticHuman said, MZ use common events to achieve action sequence, so the editor can't be used for MZ so far. I guess there's still not anything for MZ yet.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If your choice are not restricted to Yanfly or Visustella, then there is a new plugin that can do what you want.

I use this new action sequence plugin for upcoming release of SRPG Engine MV Demo, but it require time for me to show the Demo in this forum, because I need to prepare some other things before release (Hopefully at the end of this month).

The action sequence plugins can be used as stand alone without SRPG, and has features to read action sequence from txt files dynamically. As a bonus, you can also perform action sequence on the map with the same notetag.

So, its' also reading notetags like MV? Then, it seems not compatible with MZ, either. But it's nice to see a new tool coming out for the community. ;)

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is compatible with MV and MZ.

It can optionally use MV animation as alternative for effekseer to make action sequence operation less heavy especially for effect and animation.

And it seems that I can finish my Demo today, so I can share information about the plugin to this community sooner than expected.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just for information, the topics about DynamicAction have been made in Javascript Plugin Release forums either for MV and for MZ.

Thank you man. I've watched the video. Very interesting. I noticed the plugin that can use MV anim in MZ. Haven't checked it yet, but it would be great if it can do more efficiently than the tutorial on the forum. For the DynamicReadTxt plugin, it's what I'm looking for exactly. Good job. I like you include many templates, too.

However, I'm using CTB from VisuStella, which is based on BattleCore. You mentioned they are not very compatible right now. :kaosigh:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flopinou74