RMMZ Is there any Visustella alternatives for MZ by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Part of me is deeply impressed as well...
How they were able to brainwash the community with their marketing... that taking away those 200 plugins, meant the demise of RPG Maker itself for some users.

Care to show me an example of the marketing we've used to brainwash people?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You do know that in the MZ plug-ins there are JS plug-in settings where you can adjust things? If not I'd suggest you download the sample project and check it out, as so far all of those little edits you say you want to do I've been able to do in those JS plug-in settings.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
While I personally do not use them. I have nothing but respect for what VS has done, it's a hard world to build a successful business in and they seem to have done it nicely. You'll be hard pressed to find such an all inclusive plugin suite, so if you're looking for one thing to do almost everything, you're basically going to go with them.

However if you don't mind looking around at more specific plugins, you can actually replicate the vast majority of what they provide. With the upside of course of not needing to include the extra bloat of features you don't need. In fact besides just looking over the various plugins available in the MZ release/WIP progress forums, I think you'd be amazed at just how much the stack of plugins MZ ships with can do. People really seem to forget about those (myself included).

GolvaeGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly if anything it's just disgruntled community members trying to do that. I kinda thought that mindset was out by now but what can you do...

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly if anything it's just disgruntled community members trying to do that. I kinda thought that mindset was out by now but what can you do...
That's why I find it odd that they're pointing fingers at us for doing that.

Anyway, I found the post I was looking for. Took longer than usual due to RMW changes, but I've made recommendations for other plugin devs in the past to look for if you need alternatives to Visustella: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...t-mz-core-plugins.125645/page-18#post-1114377

And in case the link doesn't work there, I'll repost it here:

That said, while I still have some eyes looking on this post, I want to say that as far as giving us support, please remember to send some support towards the other plugin developers for RMMZ as well. We are all here with one common objective: making the RPG Maker MZ experience awesome.
I know we've been stealing the spotlight for a bit, but we don't want to overshadow the others either! Be sure to give their itch.io download pages some donations and Patr(e)ons some love, too!

As I can't link to them directly (against forum rules), the best I can do is make mentions of their profile posts to pass the spotlight. You can search for their listings from there <3

@casper667 I've been keeping an eye out on this library since MV and it's got amazing stuff in it from achievements to professions to vehicles. If these are getting ported over to MZ, I am confident that making games with them will become even more fun. Be sure to check out their encyclopedia and bestiary. It's amazing!

@Coelocanth Item crafting already??? Not gonna lie, item crafting is a guilty pleasure of mine when it comes to JRPG's and seeing it made already makes me hype.

@ct_bolt is another plugin developer that I've been following since MV and they've created a bunch of helpful to awesome plugins. Please support them as they port over their stuff to MZ!

@?????? aka Dekita has been making a Dragonbones centric library and taking it to the next level! Though I haven't seen him release him stuff here yet, you can follow his progress on his YouTube channel.

@DK brought to MZ a powerful localization plugin, a much needed tool for any dev who wishes to release in multiple languages. Bless you!

@Fomar0153 has been making some amazing systems for MZ, one of which includes a fantastic battle system that's even compatible with our Battle Core! Be sure to bug him to get some way to donate to him. This guy just won't do anything about it.

@Galv I believe it's hard to not know who Galv is if you've used MV, but for those who don't, Galv makes amazing plugins that have amazing compatibility all around with other plugin libraries as well. His plugins involve a lot of ease of use, quality of life improvements that make it hard for you to go back without them.

@Hudell is actually on the VisuStella Team, too! In fact, he's the one who's helped convert everybody's favorite Doodads and improve upon it! This time, he's planning on releasing some plugins separately outside of the schedule to share with you all, which greatly enhances what you can even do in RPG Maker MZ. That map editor is totally whack and I love every bit of it.

I'm not sure if Mog Hunter is on the forum, but his work speaks for himself. I'm already sure many of you know who he is. He's a definite go to for many reasons.

@Raizen is someone I've been following since MV and has been making amazing plugins since then. They're bringing over their stuff into MZ and you have no idea how much it's hyped me to have Triple Triad already playable.

@Revali has made some cute plugins for MZ already that can alter the feel of your game from footstep sounds, followers, and more!

@Tsukihime also known as Hime. Hime made superb plugins in MV and I have no doubt Hime will do the same in MZ. Hime's been around in the RM community for ages and the experience shows! Be sure to check out Hime's grid battle system!

@Tsukimi-neko has brought over the pixi filters from MV to MZ! These are things I wished that could have been added into MZ by default, but boy am I glad they're here.

There's definitely more plugin devs out there and I apologize if I haven't listed some of them. These are simply the ones that come to mind first. While I know that there are a lot of plugin developers who are still rough around the edges, that just means they still have time to bloom and grow, so still consider giving them your support!

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's why I find it odd that they're pointing fingers at us for doing that.
No, Sigma made a smart remark and now you 2 are making it about everyone else in this thread when it was far from it. Can a moderator please jump in and get this amazing discussion back on topic?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, Sigma made a smart remark and now you 2 are making it about everyone else in this thread when it was far from it. Can a moderator please jump in and get this amazing discussion back on topic?
Yanfly responded directly to Sigma and hasn't said anything about anyone else in this thread, so I feel this is somewhat of a stretch. I mean unless you're saying other people in this thread are disgruntled community members.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, first of all it IS on topic. Someone attacked them, they defended themselves. And honestly:

Attacks on people and devs have no place on this forum

There. On topic now. Let's be nice and put down the knives before I have to close this.

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe I read it wrong but when I seen "they're" I read it as "everyone in this thread talking about VS" That is my bad I just find it unprofessional to pick out 1 smart remark out of an entire thread of great discussion causing a derail of the entire thing. Obviously I am not helping with it, so my bad on that part.

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are devs not people? o.0
We are not, we are an entire separate species.

p.s I really am sorry for adding to the derail, I got a little heated. I did not like the smart remark by Sigma and I don't want this topic going away.

I really enjoyed what @TheoAllen said about giving love to small devs and helping them flourish which I find a huge problem in the community. Its like many people think the smaller plugin devs can't be talked to because its like 1 on 1 kind of thing whereas everyone thinks Yanfly/VS is a huge business and not a real person and they think they can ask the world of them, meanwhile the smaller guys be like I can probably build a world for you, why you so scared of me? lol

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wrote that fast. Guess we are now *beep beep* people. Yeah, we're people (quick run while you can from the robot overlo-) *beep* *Bgillisp has been terminated*

In all seriousness, forum posts can get derailed easily. There's no way to control who responds to what post when they are catching up, so if someone is catching up 20+ posts you can see it hop from post 19 to post 5 again being brought back up.

But anyways, let's talk about plug-ins, that's what we are supposed to do right?

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe I read it wrong but when I seen "they're" I read it as "everyone in this thread talking about VS" That is my bad I just find it unprofessional to pick out 1 smart remark out of an entire thread of great discussion causing a derail of the entire thing. Obviously I am not helping with it, so my bad on that part.
Using 'they' in a post usually indicates someone whose gender you don't know, so it's proper to do that unless you're sure. I mean, it can also mean 'more than one person', but in this case it was pretty apparent, at least I thought. >.<;

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ksi Yes, I jumped to conclusions mostly because I got heated by the fact that the discussion was going to get derailed because of Sigma's smart remark and Yanfly's post which they could've ignored.

While I also agree Yanfly and team should definitely battle misinformation, but in this case I had flashbacks of all old VS topics being a total disaster and I instantly jumped to conclusions. I'll admit I was in the wrong and I definitely did not help the topic not become derailed and I am sorry for this.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I'm going to close this. You have your answer - whether an alternative exists or not depends on what plugin you want. You should not expect to have an alternative for the entire VS suite.

If you want to post a new thread asking about a specific requirement, go for it, but this one is just too broad and very quickly disintegrated into the tiring VS rant that usually happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today i'll start creating monster sounds for my enemies :D I was looking forward to that
//Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
//Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
:kaoswt:
*looks away while frantically waving a stick in the general direction of the scariest enemy, the slime*
Exams are finally over, I am free!
Now it's time to bust out RPG Maker and work on some games sit around and do nothing all summer.
Ami
Monday is here. Hope my Stomach is okay rather than yesterday (yesterday are terrible to me,until i can't get focus my work because my Disease)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyingbunny9