RMMV Is there any way I could check if an actor is in the party and if he is force him to use a specific skill using yanfly's action sequences?

Xbalanque

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basically what I want to do is: actor 1 uses a skill. this skill would check if actor 2 is in the party and if he is force him to use another skill after actor 1 finishes using his skill. Is this possible?

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put a common event in your actor 1 skill. Put an if condition there, if actor 2 is in party> force action skill actor 2.

Should be how it goes.

Xbalanque

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put a common event in your actor 1 skill. Put an if condition there, if actor 2 is in party> force action skill actor 2.

Should be how it goes.
This seems to have worked thank you! however there is one problem I would like actor 2 to attack the same target as actor 1 but it seems that actor 2 is using the skill on random targets instead of the last target. Is there any fix for this? I've looked around the forum a bit and I found a similar thread that resolved this problem through a script call before the force action that would basically set actor 2's last target to the same as actors 1's however that thread was for vx ace which has different script calls from what I understand.

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do that in the common event. The way I resolved this was making it so actor 1's skill added a hidden state to the enemy, the common event then has a couple of if conditions like this:
1664689578911.png
Meaning in your case, you just nest all these if conditions within the initial "if actor 2 in party" condition and you should be good.

Last edited:

Xbalanque

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do that in the common event. The way I resolved this was making it so actor 1's skill added a hidden state to the enemy, the common event then has a couple of if conditions like this:
View attachment 241773
Meaning in your case, you just nest all these if conditions within the initial "if actor 2 in party" condition and you should be good.
This solved the problem, thank you again!

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome! Good luck with your project!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottaSpice