ladylannistarth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not a fan of the flat enemy images. I'm using a front-view battle system for my game and I'm hoping there is a way I can bring more life to the enemies.

I see that RMMV only has one image for enemies. I would love to be able to create different frames for an enemy. Is there a plugin that does this? I'm aware there is a plugin that animates enemies that involves having them breath, but that isn't what I'm after. I specifically want to be able to create multiple frames in a png file myself.

If not, is there a way to simply change the enemy image mid battle? As that could at least make an enemy appear somewhat animated. I've had a look through the battle events list and noticed 'transform enemy' is there, but that just changes the enemy into another enemy.

Any help would really be appreciated!!

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are multiple plugins for animated enemies - I can't give a link at the moment, but one that definitely works for front view (despite having "Side View" in the title) is Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies. That might be the one you already found, as it also includes a "breathing" option for otherwise static enemies. However, it also lets you use the default SV actor sheet format, so you can create a three-frame animation for each pose/motion.

ladylannistarth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks very much. I've resolved the problem now, but now I've got another problem. Haha :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.
I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zerael