Is there any way to force a battle action that plays animation on an actor?

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a state that reflects certain status effects and I've got it working properly, but what I want is to play an animation on the actor that kind of looks like a shining or a reflecting (I have that animation down too) and then the battle animation on the enemies. I'm doing this all with global common events right now and here's what that looks like:

I don't see an option to play battle animations on actors anywhere. Thanks for any help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, the actors have no face or battler on the battlescreen, so of course there is no way to do that in default or eventing.

And if you have added a battlescript that gives faces or battlers to the actors, then the solution will depend on what battlescript you're using. Please provide a link to that script, and we can see what you can do with that script in case of animations...

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I forgot that actors don't even have faces by default. I'm using Battle Symphony, and Yamis blog was recently hacked so I'm not sure what the correct link is now.

Here's the link:

https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please pop in a link to the script as soon as it's back online again. :)

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll do it.

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks avery2646. I'm already using Yanfly Battle Engine though. I guess I should have said that as well. I'm not sure how I can do this with Yanfly either, but it could be possible. 

Here's the link to YBE (even though it's in the previous post, just to keep everything smooth).

http://yanflychannel...-battle-engine/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SasquatchWizard