Is there any way to make an event shake/tremble?

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know you can shake the screen, but I want to know if there's any way to make an event itself shake, like to show a character shivering or something. It seems like it should be common enough to be in there, but I haven't seen it.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For MZ:
<Sprite Offset X: +x>
<Sprite Offset X: -x>

<Sprite Offset Y: +x>
<Sprite Offset Y: -x>

<Sprite Offset: +x, +y>
<Sprite Offset: -x, -y>

- Used for: Event Notetags and Event Page Comment Tags
- Changes how much the event's sprite is visibly offset by.
- Replace 'x' and 'y' with numbers indicating the offset in pixels.
- If this is placed in a notetag, the effect will be present across
all event pages used.
- If this is placed inside a page's comment, the effect will only occur
if that event page is currently active.
Basically, make a move route that repeatedly offsets the event back and forth 1 or more pixels at a low frame delay and you'll have the effect of the event looking like it's shaking.

Edit: Wait-a-sec, assumed it was the same as the event sprite offset plugin from yanfly for MV but I can't find a move route command for it. It has to be in another plugin, right?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just used a character sprite where the left and right images were offset from the centre image by 1 pixel, and turned on stepping animation.

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Htlaets Yeah, I've been looking through VS's MZ plugins, but no dice. Maybe I'll put it in their suggestion box.

@Shaz I was hoping to find a way to do it without creating a new spritesheet. But say I were to do that. Wouldn't the default stepping animation be too slow? Can you speed it up by changing the Autonomous Movement settings? (Speed and Frequency)

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you speed it up by changing the Autonomous Movement settings? (Speed and Frequency)
Yes, you can do it with a simple command event of "set move route".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Orbiting the cactus
unborn180.png
Here's this for an idea I might do: A Touhou RPG set in the universe of the Hoi4 mod "The New Order: Last Days of Europe". Expect BurgSys Yukari, the Great Fairy Trial, and funni clock Flandre
The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvikovv