Is there any way to stop a sprite mid-animation?

Papillon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a bit of trouble with making an event. I'm trying to make the player sprite stop and stay on its current frame of animation, but whenever I try to do this it always reverts back to the idle frame.
Is there any way I can make this?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm having a bit of trouble with making an event. I'm trying to make the player sprite stop and stay on its current frame of animation, but whenever I try to do this it always reverts back to the idle frame.
Is there any way I can make this?
Hi there!
You can create an event page with the sprite you want and check the direction fix box.
Tell me if this will solve your problem.

Papillon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
You can create an event page with the sprite you want and check the direction fix box.
Tell me if this will solve your problem.
Thank you for the response, but that wasn't what I was asking about.
Apologies if I worded my question poorly. Let me clear it up.

I want to create an event that checks for the current frame of the character's animation and stops on it when the event occurs.
But what seems to happen is that instead of pausing on the walking frame

it always reverts back to the idle frame whenever I try to stop it.

Is there any way to do this or will I have to replace it with a sprite through an event?

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Galvs Move Route Extras plugin allows you to specify changing to specific frames in a sheet with a script call in the Move Route command. That's the closest answer I have.

Papillon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galvs Move Route Extras plugin allows you to specify changing to specific frames in a sheet with a script call in the Move Route command. That's the closest answer I have.
Oh thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKPoliandro