Is there any way to up the size of the character's face when speaking.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Vind, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Vind

Vind Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello. I'm very new to this and I'd like to as if there was any possible way to up the default 144x144 dimension of the character's face when speaking. Thank you.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The size of the face in the dialogue box is fixed. However, you could choose to use a bust of the character instead, which is always larger. You will need to use a plugin, if you want to do that. I don't use MV, so I'm not familiar with the range of plugins on offer for this particular aspect, but you could search the section JS Plugin Releases, and check out the Master Plugin List which is a pinned topic there.

If that's the route you want to go, this will need to be moved to JS Plugin Requests. If that is the case, please Report your opening post and ask for it to be moved. Mods may not see an individual post but will see a Report.
    Thanks.

Guiguimu likes this.
  3. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you are confident with code, the face size is quite easy to modify. _faceWidth and _faceHeight are defined in scripts. If you have a lot of things to edit, I recommend using Yanfly's Core Engine. It offers a quite good interface to edit a lot of basic things the editor has. Also, using plugins (or making your own plugins) is save way to modify RPG Maker. If you are editing original code, your modified code is overwritten while updating the project to new versions of the editor.

Guiguimu likes this.