is there anyway to buy RPG Maker's assets on Steam, but not have to buy RPG Maker again?

Gunz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hello.

I bought RPG Maker MV and many other tools for MV before ( on https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/).
Now, I want to buy some assets on Steam ( Battlers, Battlebacks,...). However, when I try to purchase it, it always report something like " you need to buy RPG Maker MV first, because these asset be use for RPG Maker MV.":rswt

My God? So, I have to buy almost of these RPG Maker MV and tools on Steam again, just to buy these assets???

Anyone know how to fix this trouble, please help me.
Thank you, everyone.:kaocry:

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Unfortunately, it is Steam's doing that you have to own the engine to be able to purchase DLC through them. You would not need to repurchase all of your DLC to be able to use it in a Steam version, however. You would only need to buy MV through Steam.

If you bought MV through the store here, your product key should act as a Steam key as well. You might try it and see if it works before purchasing it again.

Gunz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
VNM
thank you for help. It work. ^^

if you didn't answer so soon, I almost buy MV one more time already.

Thank you again. ^^

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to add, also, in case this is useful - this applies all across Steam, so you can't buy DLC for a game/piece of software you don't own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning C on the side to support Haxe.
Imagine having a different opinion on the internet.
Crazy.
Here's the one that flee from no foe, the brave Sir Kiwival! Also protagonist of my current project.

This is the cover art of new game, "Primordial Essence".
I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
//Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
:rheh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koth707