is there anyway to buy RPG Maker's assets on Steam, but not have to buy RPG Maker again?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Gunz, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Gunz

Gunz Warper Member

First Language:
    Vietnam
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hello.

I bought RPG Maker MV and many other tools for MV before ( on https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/).
    Now, I want to buy some assets on Steam ( Battlers, Battlebacks,...). However, when I try to purchase it, it always report something like " you need to buy RPG Maker MV first, because these asset be use for RPG Maker MV.":rswt

My God? So, I have to buy almost of these RPG Maker MV and tools on Steam again, just to buy these assets???

Anyone know how to fix this trouble, please help me.
    Thank you, everyone.:kaocry:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Unfortunately, it is Steam's doing that you have to own the engine to be able to purchase DLC through them. You would not need to repurchase all of your DLC to be able to use it in a Steam version, however. You would only need to buy MV through Steam.

If you bought MV through the store here, your product key should act as a Steam key as well. You might try it and see if it works before purchasing it again.

Gunz likes this.
  3. Gunz

Gunz Warper Member

First Language:
    Vietnam
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    thank you for help. It work. ^^

if you didn't answer so soon, I almost buy MV one more time already.

Thank you again. ^^

4. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just to add, also, in case this is useful - this applies all across Steam, so you can't buy DLC for a game/piece of software you don't own.

Amane Kagari likes this.