Is this event done right?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What i am trying to achieve is for the screen or mouse to be press, after the press the player would be transferred to map location. All while erasing the picture and hiding the button created using Galvs Screen buttons.
The issue is that i can get the button i created to show along with image but i cannot seem to get the button press to work and perform what is below the if statement on it.
Can anyone help me spot what I am doing wrong?

2020-07-03 01_09_22-Window.png

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Generally when I have an issue like this I like to narrow down which part isn't working by checking one Conditional Branch at a time, separating each part into its own non-nested branch and making sure each part is running correctly (or not) by placing a message box or sound effect command inside its branch. If I have a complex condition, I also like to try to separate that condition into two or more separate non-nested branches.

Immediately suspicious to me are your check for "If: $gameScreen.picture(1)", which I think just checks for... the existence of that picture, or maybe just always returns true?, and your use of "addButton" as part of an If-Branch's condition (is there some more appropriate method, like buttonPressed or clickButton?). But I'm not familiar this plugin, so it's at least possible your scripted conditions are correct.

Even more suspicious, though, is the fact that you have 4 different pages in this event, and this is Page 1. While any of the other pages' conditions are met, this event body will never be run - and therefore all of these checks that you're displaying will actually be ignored.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yes, those pages will become active after a switch is flipped on next map that the player will be at. All based on the results of that map. That's why it's 4 pages and you are correct. The $gameScreen.picture(1) is just to check if such picture is being showed. This way the condition below can become active. Otherwise it wouldn't show the image button at all.
I have tried separating the Branches but honestly, im still at a loss.
Button press still won't active what's below the if statement.
I've checked the script several times and it's correct.

This one has been tricky for me haha

Edit*
Found a better solution to using Galvs screen buttons.
Much easier to use. If anyone is interested in knowing. Let me know in pm.

Can a moderator close this please

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jefigeb851