Is this legal? If so...I'm really surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Web Staff is probably already on it.  If not, I can contact both.  Not a problem for me.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If we can prove that they traced the images (which seems like it) they're also under art theft.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the off chance that Konami actually did publish that thing, Degica should settle with getting tons of money from them, then put it up for the new engine ;x

BillyRay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One thing no one has mentioned. It only costs US$25 to publish as many apps on Google Play as you want. There are a lot of people out there who pay it, make as much money as they can until the get caught, then just pay it again with a different name.

And you just have to change 1 line of code per class and you can publish it under the new name.

EDIT and if it wasn't $1.99 I'd buy it, open it up and see what they did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailerius

Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the off chance that Konami actually did publish that thing, Degica should settle with getting tons of money from them, then put it up for the new engine ;x
Did you look at the link? It was published from Konami's account on Google Play. They actually did publish it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If we can prove that they traced the images (which seems like it) they're also under art theft.
I dunno....

7jh8Erg.jpg
But yeah, seriously, I don't think proving that would be all that difficult considering it's no small amount of art they used as a base.

Zack

Perverted King of Demons
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If Deciga sued Konami, they could probably afford to create a whole bunch of fancy stuff for us folk. Like new RTP sprites and a ten-layer tile function. Yay!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you look at the link? It was published from Konami's account on Google Play. They actually did publish it.
The thing is we don't know if it's the real Konami who made the account, I think I've seen in some posts ago that the account seems to be a fake...

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster
Reaction score
First Language
Logic
Primarily Uses
This is pretty ridiculous. I mean, I've already seen plenty of little online games that rip the RTP, but at least they're non-profit. This is just... horrifying. And it's actually published by Konami? You'd have thought they'd make the creators do more than simply trace the RTP or something before OK'ing this.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I agree.  Also, it's already been reported (I got confirmation of this via Skype), so hopefully this will be taken care of swiftly.  Thanks to everyone for their input.  I think this can be closed now. :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow to celebrate National Pokémon Day. :smile: What Pokémon games is everyone else playing?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baan