mascot1063

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
capsule l.png

synopsys.png

• Dive into the magical land of Isekai Cowboy, a JRPG - inspired by classics such as Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy - where you take over the role of a cowboy, finding himself in a fantastical world. Solve many mysteries, find out why you were brought here and how to escape.

The world you are currently within is being threatened by a demon king, but why? And why are you the one who was brought to stop him? How were you even brought here to begin with? Explore the world, meet new and interesting people*, some who may even join you on your journey.

screen sh.png

E89vhnrWEAYdw8r.png

E7TfHAhXEBo6XNT.png

screen.png

char.png

• face.png
  • Jonen

A gunslinger who was forced into a magical land against his will, not looking for a way to get home.

story.png

• A demon king has taken over the magical land, causing the wild life to go berserk. The only thing that can seemingly stop him is a man with a gun, something this world may not be used to, and something the evil menace may not even come to expect.

world.png
  • A colorful world filled with many strange and colorful characters from kings, demons, and even goblins. Explore many different environments, while meeting new people on the way.

You may even get close to one of them and form a relationship. Take them out into the world to see the things they would not be able to see while cooped up in town.

Even see multiple endings depending on some of your choices you make.

demo.png
Feel free to check out the demo, both on Steam and Itch.io, and be sure to tell give us proper feedback. I would like to know ways to improve this game

Steam

itch.io

Attachments

• capsule_231 87.png
    capsule_231 87.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1641070973124.png
    1641070973124.png
    911 bytes · Views: 2

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Played the demo. This was surprisingly fun. Starts with a catchy theme song. I think you've nailed the retro feel and graphical style. Liked the sprite art that appeared in cutscenes. You've obviously got small twists in store with the plot.

Maybe you could give the character some other skills than first aid or the limited shoot. I don't mind it much, but right now the combat was just spamming attack. It also seemed that the number of your bullets didn't decrease (though I only used shoot in the demo's final boss). Also the damage that (at least enemy) attacks did seemed to vary quite a lot. There were instances where one goblin type hit me 2 times in a row for 0 damage and next their attack dealt 7 damage. Maybe that's intentional though.

Anyway, I liked the feel and flow of the game. Good luck with the project!

HOLYMOTHER

MagiCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I played the demo on steam. Very cute concept, it made me think of Don Kaye's character Murlynd from Greyhawk.

Nice art and music. There seemed to be a few oversights in the text, like the shortsword's description not wrapping around, but that's alright. Nothing a once-over can't fix before it comes out.

I liked it.

edit: The name is also very good. A dactyl followed by a spondee. Very catchy.

mascot1063

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, thanks for checking it out. As for the text, I have been busy fixing a lot of it, and as for skills, I am currently going through them right now, making sure to balance things out, and even add more attacks. I am going to be including a huge update soon.

LAede_Aveugle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems amazing, I will play the demo!

mascot1063

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you wait a lil longer, I am updating it soon :)

mascot1063

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Large update to the demo has been made. That includes rebalancing, new art, rewriting certain areas, and even a second playable character. I hope you guys enjoy it!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I give it a try.

EDIT:
it's not really my game, or did find bugs or glitches to the forest.
however, I found 1 small issue regarding the battle scene which is
very visibble on the battle log. (see ifmage)
issue.png

you see Rat%1 which probably relate to rat A or B, even if it's 1 rat
when I took this screenshot.

more enemies als have Name%1 so see if you can get rid of the %1
some way or another.

While it's not really my game, I hope other people would like it though,
but the graphic are nice :)

So keep up the nice work though =)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew one of my chars! The man with 100 kids and a lot of love to give :kaopride:
Me: *about to stalk someone's posts*
Forum: "This member limits who may view their full profile."
Me: *bummer*
Also forum: Advanced search > Posted by ...
1B77FB7E-3802-4179-BB2D-F390021512A6.jpeg
Starting a fly by the night dev studio. Anyone want in? Excellent working conditions with onsite lodging. LOL
I finally got all the walk animations done! I mean, I gotta reskin it for the actual characters since this is a character from another project, but still! Doesn't look like a mess now! ;v;
[IMG]https://s3.gifyu.com/images/kalirr-movement-animation-showoff.gif[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostophe