Isnt the new Pokémon presents that premiered today a little lack lustered?

Artisticdog

Really ambitious (manager of project dogquest)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I wanted to talk about this, why during the Pokémon presents they didn’t announce any new games? I mean we did get a lot of good new info on Pokémon scarlet and violet, but besides some boring Pokémon mobile games update( except Pokémon go’s daily incense, that’s cool) we didn’t get a new game announced, why would they only do a Pokémon direct for Pokémon scarlet and violet (game wise, not mobile game wise) maybe it’s because Pokémon scarlet and violet is such a huge game that they are only working on Pokémon scarlet and violet for now. ( sorry detective pikachu fans) post your thoughts on the thread for your opinion on the presents.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To be fair they did just have Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl + Legends Arceus. Now Violet and Scarlet which is going to be their big semi-open world sandbox style Pokemon game where you can challenge gyms in any order. I think this is a big leap for the Pokemon Company and Game Freak in terms of next-genning the franchise. The tera hats gimmick isn't my favorite but I suppose it does open things up for competitive battling with the ability to change typings. All-in-all, I think this is a good move for the franchise. I still want to see an absolute full dex + nation game with the ability to travel from region to region.

RianQuenlin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think this is a big leap for the Pokemon Company and Game Freak in terms of next-genning the franchise
They just removed arbitrary roadblocks and called it a feature, the content and gyms don't scale to your level or progress. It's no different from opening up Pokemon Red in a map editor and removing the thirsty guards and cuttable trees. Gamefreak entered the RPG arena ten years late and has spent the past twenty-five trying to catch up to games released on the Playstation in terms of user experience. The most simplest of acts are time-consuming and frustrating when they don't need to be, it's like trying to watch an episode of Speed Racer where damn near everything is commentated on.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was hoping for more (I really really want a Let's Go Johto or a collection of the GB/GBA games). But all in all the S/V news was pretty great but when it ended, I was like "That's it?". I mean Game Freak never disappoints but in a way they do.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coin Locker title screen:
Still in progress...

Screenshot_134.png
the girls.png
So, these are all the girls of the party =3 (beside the protagonist if you play as a female.)
Now, I just have one more character sheet of the guys left and I'm done with their presentations =3
Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThePrussianDuck