jackken123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I have a question about black box on the enemy.
I found many people ask, and many answer "it's because illegal iconset".
But I try it.
I use totally blank iconset.
And change it's height.
Fixed width 512 pixel.
Then found it's the problem about height.
So I guess MV have max height in iconset.
And how can I fix that?
擷取_2018_06_09_08_42_01_667.png
Above screenshot use iconset height 8192 pixel.(without black box)

擷取_2018_06_09_08_44_27_77.png
Above screenshot use iconset height 8224 pixel.(with black box)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Dankovsky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RU
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to say that I've run into the same problem today. I've been making a huge iconset from all free resources from this forum, and I run into the "black box" bug.

My findings were:
- My original Iconset of 17248 pix high is too large -> black boxes and errors appear
- Reduced it to 16320 pix - works without problems.
- File size does not seem to be the issue because it worked the same on 8 Mb file and 4 Mb file. Size above 10 Mb did cause the game to go crazy and crash with memory problems though, so I think big file size should be avoided.
- The problem is apparently because of rendering problems in WebGL. It throws hundreds of errors "Texture bound to texture unit X is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering or is not 'texture complete' - this is probably the cause of black boxes.
- Contrary to the popular belief, it is not tied to "illegal ripped icons" and instead is a simple texture size rendering problem

The size of iconset to make black boxes appear seems to be different for different users - might be tied to PC performance?
May require additional testing on different PCs... Would be pretty bad if some players run into this problem later.

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's very handy to know, thanks. I wonder if max texture size depends on PC specs. For me it's 16384.
Yes, The max texture size has different values for each PC or mobile devices. it's 8192 on my PC. In case of my android device, it's 2048.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back-AlleySnowman