Issue equipping weapons

PurpleNeko115

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay so here's an issue. I recently transferred my whole game from VX Ace to MV. I'm in the middle of touching up a few things that bugged out as a result, but one huge issue is now my weapons won't equip. I have set the actors and classes to have the correct weapons, I've made the weapons with the correct weapon type, and there's one or two actors who are actually able to equip new weapons, but the others can't and will also not show the weapon I have set for them to start with.

I do not have plugins that mess with inventory to my knowledge, and this wasn't happening while the files were in VX Ace.
1597864541510.png1597864608550.png1597864689644.png
All of this character's weapons are set up as staff
1597864834392.png
Optimize won't work at all
1597864935034.png
And if I select it on equip, not only will it not show any changes in stats with this weapon, but it also will not show up as equipped if I try to equip it, and it remains in my inventory.

I'll attach a screenshot of what plugins i'm using in case that is affecting it
1597865033428.png

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you experience this issue if you turn all plugins off?

PurpleNeko115

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you experience this issue if you turn all plugins off?
Yes, just tried that after you commented. It's still happening with everything turned off.

One member of my dev team suggested remaking the characters entirely with the thought process that something might have happened to them while transferring from VX Ace to MV but I'd really rather avoid remaking them all if I can

PurpleNeko115

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As an update: I made a test class and test version of this character, set it up to use the weapon, and put the weapon in his inventory. Still wont work.1597871223649.png

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you try default equipping that staff in the database? If it gets unequipped when in the game, then it has to be something in a plugin or event causing it. That isn't normal behavior.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a project you converted from Ace to MV? Did you use my exporter tool? Was it working correctly in Ace beforehand?

If you create a new project in MV, recreate your actor, class and weapon, does it let them equip it? Then if you add all those same plugins and start a new game, does it let them equip it? (You should be able to do this by just copying over your plugins folder and the plugins.json file rather than adding them all again).

You said it happens even if you turn all the plugins off - I assume you saved after doing that? Your Yanfly plugins don't seem to be in any particular order, which makes me think they could be in the wrong order, which could cause issues - if not with this, then with other things later on.

If you can't figure it out and you are happy to zip up both the Ace project and the MV project and send them to me, I can take a look. This is based on your using my exporter tool (and the latest version of it, not the one that ships with the engine).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember someone having the problem of being unable to equip a weapon before - and after a lot of searching he finally saw that he had a duplicate entry in the weapon list and tried to equip the wrong weapon all this time.

so before you go off the deep end to search for a complex bug, please check your database to see if there is anything that could have been mistaken here.
also, make sure to test with a new start instead of loading an old savefile - some settings are saved, and changes to the database are not always updated on saved files.

PurpleNeko115

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a project you converted from Ace to MV? Did you use my exporter tool? Was it working correctly in Ace beforehand?

If you create a new project in MV, recreate your actor, class and weapon, does it let them equip it? Then if you add all those same plugins and start a new game, does it let them equip it? (You should be able to do this by just copying over your plugins folder and the plugins.json file rather than adding them all again).

You said it happens even if you turn all the plugins off - I assume you saved after doing that? Your Yanfly plugins don't seem to be in any particular order, which makes me think they could be in the wrong order, which could cause issues - if not with this, then with other things later on.

If you can't figure it out and you are happy to zip up both the Ace project and the MV project and send them to me, I can take a look. This is based on your using my exporter tool (and the latest version of it, not the one that ships with the engine).
Hey!! Yes, I believe it was your tool!

So we actually discovered that there was something wrong with all of the weapons after converting the files, so one of my devs and I spent a bit remaking all the weapons and they've worked perfectly fine ever since! Thank you for the offer on fixing it though, I really appreciate it!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was it an issue with the converter, or just something about the way the weapons were set up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Springy120