issue Resolved (Party member auto heals after battle)

Arcana_Jumper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I noticed my party member, who is part of the Witch class, autoheals after battle--recovering MP and HP. I'm not sure why this is! Do I need to check the battle manager?

Edit: Problem solved, I had initialized checked when I added this character to the party, which is why HP and MP reset themselves.

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What Scripts have you put in?
One of them is doing this.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A script is the most likely cause, but there are other possible causes as well. For example the wrong features (one feature gives regeneration while going around the map) or if you messed upwith the death state (which is always state #1 even if you change that to something else in the database) and so on.
So please give a screenshot of that actor and its class as well as a screenshot of state 1.

Arcana_Jumper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, thanks guys. I figured it out. I had 'initialized' checked when this follower enters the party.

'Initialized' resets the character's HP/MP values to the ones stored in the database. So it was an easy fix. I don't have any extra scripts installed in my game.

Arcana_Jumper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That should have only caused the heal to happen once, should it not? I thought this was happening all the time.

If you have 'initialized' checked on a 'join party command, it seems the character will auto heal after every battle. I tested it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that's not right. Initialize is only used when adding them to the party. Are you for some reason removing and readding them during or after battles? If not, it's a script.

Arcana_Jumper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Shaz,

Haven't removed her out of the party, but I'll keep an eye out if the glitch happens again. All I know is, after unchecking the 'initialize' box when she joined the party, that she didn't regain health after battles.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For info: the 'initialize' checkbox is meant to be that when you add a party member, their setup will be reset back to the original database. In another word, if you change the party member's name, later in the game you remove it from the party member, then you add it back if you check the 'initialize', their level and names (as well as HP) will be reset back like how you set them up in the database.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniloduran