Issue when continuing from a save file. Please help!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by goldfrappian, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldfrappian

goldfrappian Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    When i save during test play and then continue the save the tiles unlock from the parallax, i use a lock script which works fine starting new but this happens when i continue? I can't work out how to solve it?? 

help.jpg

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello, could you please link your script? Without knowing what happens and only knowing the "symptoms" we can only assume.

3. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Are you making changes to your project and then loading from a save? If so, this is incredibly unreliable, and should not be done. Some people get around this by using a "debug room" map to set variables, switches and locations, others create a temporary event to set variables and switches and move their start location as needed.

4. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, that's also a possibility. Anyway VX Ace comes with a function to set up variables and switches...just press F9 while testing, you'll be able to change any variable/switch you need. The only limitation is that you cannot asign non numeric values to variables.

5. goldfrappian

goldfrappian Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for this, I had suspected that this may be an issue but couldn't find any info to confirm. I just thought it's best to be safe than sorry by testing out how the system works in that regard. If i come across any issues later in the published playthrough i will post my scripts as Heirukichi suggested. Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease, will use F9. Thanks you both very much  :) . This may be closed now. 

6. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.