Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heyo.

Just now, I was testplaying my game to see which area needed more detail or more NPCs. But suddenly when my player's walking around an area for a short period of time, a random script error occurs. Not to mention that the player is only taking a few steps forward/backward.

Thanks in advance.

tearsofthenight

Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe script compatibility error? My first guess would be that.

It could also be a script not updating the correct coordinates.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's something wrong here. Did you paste an script over Sprite_Character, or changed something on that file? because line 176 is a comment, it can't throw any error there.

Anyway, the closest line that could give that error is related to the balloons. Are you perhaps trying to show an invalid balloon over an event?

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, it was an invalid balloon. Well, the event did exist within the map but apparently that was the problem causing the script error. It was supposed to be a loop of an event (child) sleeping and at the same time using a balloon.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks like you were doing something with an event and you erased the event?

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No no, the event existed in the map and its stuff were blank, I just had the event use a ballon icon in the parallel process of the map. (where you add tints and all that.)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So is it still an issue? If so, please show a screenshot of the event that's running the command, and the event that the command is being run over, if they're not the same event. If you have multiple pages on them, show them all. And make sure to include the whole event window, not just the command list.

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's only one page.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is running repeatedly. Is it meant to do that? Or just once. If you only want it to do this when the map is first shown, add an Erase Event command at the end. Or, if you want it to do it only once through the whole game (so when you come back to this map, you don't want to do it again), turn on a self switch as the last command, then add a new page conditioned by that self switch and with no other changes.

If that doesn't help, please show screenshots of each page of EV047 as well.

Do you have any anti-lag scripts?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is event 47 visible on the screen when the error appears?

I think the problem is that the "show balloon" command is running repeatedly before the previous balloon animation is complete. Try adding a wait command.

If nothing else works, this script should suppress the error:

Code:
class Sprite_Character < Sprite_Base  alias :update_balloon_fix :update_balloon  def update_balloon    if @balloon_duration > 1 and @balloon_sprite.nil?      @balloon_duration -= 1      return    end    update_balloon_fix  endend

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevendkelven