EAD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am sorry if I am completely unclear in explaining the issue that I have with this script;

When you are using this script there is ALWAYS the possibility that you accidentally do some double-clicking or automatically will activate the next choice when you press the left mouse button. It is way too sensitive.

Maybe these options that you have in Basic Mouse System v2.7h, would help?

Attachments

DerVVulfman

Resident Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Nope. Those have comments that clearly state whether mouse clicking is kept within a targeted window area and have nothing to do with mouse sensitivity.

Years ago, I was familiar with Amaranth's Mouse system. How far back???? When she was Lambchop at RMXP.Org in 2007. ;) But from all recollection, her system never had a feature that adjusted the sensitivity speed of the mouse.

Curious.... The attachment to her demo within the forum is dead. The link I uploaded a couple years ago no longer works because she changed the name of her site back to Aveyond.com. That, and she's not active in using RPGMaker XP much anymore. So I'm curious as to where you found a copy of her script! :o

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm curious as to where you found a copy of her script!
I have shared the script in the Super Simple Mouse System thread. No demo though.

And yes, the OP is not using Amaranth's Super Simple Mouse System. Or at least the code posted is not from that script.

EAD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually I am using the VX Ace Amaranth's Mouse system (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/amaranths-super-simple-mouse-system-for-ace.17829/), but because I have the worst splitting headache I assumed that having the same effect of the part in the Vlue script (whether mouse clicking is kept within a targeted window area) would work to prevent that the possibility that you accidentally do some double-clicking or automatically will activate the next choice when you press the left mouse button. Sorry about that.

system never had a feature that adjusted the sensitivity speed of the mouse.
Example: As I clicked with the left mouse button on Gender it will normally go to here;

Then when you have clicked one of the Genders, this immediately will happen;

(I know. I am still working on it to make it work and look better)

Does anyone knows a solution to my trouble? Or should I just use better Mouse script. Whatever that me be.

PS: That being said; is it possible to produce the same effect as it is in the Vlue script (whether mouse clicking is kept within a targeted window area and such)?

Edit: I know noticed that it is actually called SUPER SIMPLE MOUSE SCRIPT (for the VX Ace) and not Amaranth's Super Simple Mouse System. Sorry. Should I changed the title of the thread to prevent confusion?

Attachments

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have noticed a little bit of fast clicking myself. In my game changing settings goes up and down quickly when using the mouse.

Trying to incorporate Vlue's keep within feature has it's own problems as well. Try buying something at a shop. You won't be able to complete the transaction as the mouse cannot click on the number to buy the item. forcing you to use the keyboard

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The screenshots above don't look like the standard menus, so I'm thinking you've made changes somewhere? Changes to menus / windows may need additions to the mouse script to make it work properly with them (if it's Amaranth's SSMS).

But really, no script is going to "know" whether you meant to click twice or just once. I've never had any issues with this, and with the 4 games I've worked on that use the script, I've never had anyone report the issue.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just played around with this for my game and decided to change the mouse.repeat? for mouse.trigger?
This was for my yanfly system options screen. I have configured to use the mouse as well as the keyboard in the system options, so now when changing something like volume, it goes by 1 unit with each click.
This may be what the OP is getting. Mouse repeat clicks?

EAD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try buying something at a shop.
Yes, indeed. Could it be possible to the counter that by creating a script or something that could be used to use the Mouse to change the amount and confirm or cancel the purchase? I could have sworn that I saw something like being used, but I cannot remember at this moment.

The screenshots above don't look like the standard menus, so I'm thinking you've made changes somewhere?
The "menu" that you are seeing is actually my Character Creation Screen. Yes, I have changed the Window. Could it be the change of Window be the cause?

But really, no script is going to "know" whether you meant to click twice or just once. I've never had any issues with this, and with the 4 games I've worked on that use the script, I've never had anyone report the issue.
And yet it still happened. Do you may know what could cause it?

Mouse repeat clicks?
If that is the cause, is there a way to prevent that this is happening?

Edit: Interestingly enough, when I re-create the part where you ONLY have to choose the pictures with a NPC and stand somewhere else and then click the left Mouse button on the NPC (The Player will walk TOWARDS the person), the double-clicking and such does not happen. However, when I stand right next to the NPC, the Mouse repeat (or whatever it is called) is triggered.

Edit: Now that IS interesting. When I put Wait: 10 frame(s) like this;

The double-clicking and such does not happen anymore!

Attachments

Last edited:

EAD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay. I know that I should not go and double-post (or post it MUCH later, sorry), but....now that my splitting headache and toothache is almost gone now, I MAY have found the problem; Do not use Conditional Branch: Script: Input.repeat?:)C) as Process Input, IF you are using Super Simple Mouse System! This will cause the double-clicking or automatically will activate the next choice when you press the left mouse button!

Interestingly enough, it does not happen when you are using Basic Mouse System v2.7h or NO mouse at all and using the keyboard!

IF I want to use custom 32x32 Icons for the Mouse cursor, the Super Simple Mouse System script needs to be modified, right?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FYI the double posting rule only applies within 72 hours (3 days) of the last post. It is okay to bump your thread after that.

There is a section in the script where you can state the icons you want to use. You can add new ones to the list as well - it's not limited to the number that are there by default. I think the script documentation states what changes you need to make and where to make them, but shout if you get confused. I just don't have it with me right now so I can't check.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
32x32 Icons
The script uses the iconset for the mouse cursor. so that would be a 24x24 icon. You can add in however many icons you want to different things.
Code:
ICON = {'arrow' => 1133, 'talk' => 1547, 'look' => 1441, 'fight' => 1105,
        'touch' => 12748, 'exit' => 1545, 'pickaxe' => 13510,
        'treeaxe' => 144, 'bomb' => 9361, 'eat' => 303, 'action' => 115,
        'door' => 1544, 'stairsup' => 1378, 'stairsdown' => 1380,
        'chest' => 13814, 'light' => 274, 'jump' => 950, 'pickup' => 1546,
        'no' => 1407, 'boss' => 917, 'shovel' => 277, 'bridge' => 15121,
        'town' => 14291, 'nochance' => 13447}
DEFAULT_ICON = 'arrow'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gundu