Jaqc13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm making a small fetch quest, but during a scene where the character goes to buy an item during an event, after my dialogue ends, it loops itself. As far as I can tell, it's not running on a loop, I have most settings set to the basics, except some switches. Any thoughts?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please put up a screenshot of the event pages so that we can check what you probably did wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as adiktuzmiko said, we need a screenshot to see what you did.

That said, most probably you either used a autorun/parallel process (those always loop automatically) or you created a set of changes/conditions on the pages that switch between pages to create the loop.

Jaqc13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My power went out, so I can't post screenshots right now(luckily managed to save beforehand). I think I did use an autorun event, though. Any way to stop it from looping? Since I want to have it run as soon as I enter the shop (a la the Oaks parcel quest from Pokemon)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autorun events loop by default (as do parallel process events). If you want it to run EVERY time you enter the shop, just add an Erase Event command at the end. If you only want it to run the FIRST time you enter the shop, turn on a self switch at the end, then add a second event page using that self switch as a condition (in the Conditions section, above the graphic).

Jaqc13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, I'll give it a shot as soon as my power comes back. Thanks for the help!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Korleone21