Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The easiest way is that you do the following:
-increase the size of your starting map to the east by at least a factor of 2
-fill out all the new space with a tile that is perfectly black (if your starting map does not use any parallax, the tiles can be left empty as well)
-put your main character in the middle of the new black area
-go to Tools->Database ->System and check the box "Transparent ON"
-have your event setup do a fadeout, prepare whatever you need, teleport the player over where you want to start, turn transparency of the player off, then fadein

Attachments

• Screenshot (8972).png
    Screenshot (8972).png
    249.2 KB · Views: 4

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
First of all, I don't get why you do a screen-flash to red with zero intensity (making the flash invisible) right at the beginning. And then there is the thing that I'm not sure about if you want the screen to start at black. But if so, the map is showing at start because of three things:

★ The senseless screen-flash has an active waiting-time of a full sec before code continues.
★ Using the fadeout-command takes some time too process.
★ Your event is executed by autorun, this process-type waits to start until screen has finished fadein after the map is loaded.

How to start game with a blackscreen on non-black map with party intact:
It's not a bad thing that you are using autorun, in fact it's really good since it prevents the player to take action while your intro is running. But at first you should remove the fadeout and fadein.

Add another event to the map that runs at parallel and contains a command for tint-screen to black with zero waiting-time (evcmd-page #2, left column, last block, button #3) and a self-switch or something afterwards which makes it advancing to a 2nd (empty) page with fitting condition on it.

You can now fake a fadein by using the tint-screen again in your autorun-event instead of the normal fadein-command. Which doesn't mean you should never use fadeout/fadein midgame, but at game-start it can be a bit tricky.

Or use a black map without visible party to start the game and ignore the rest of this.

~炬燵あ

LOUPPAUS

Dweller / Not actually a veteran.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, I don't get why you do a screen-flash to red with zero intensity (making the flash invisible) right at the beginning. And then there is the thing that I'm not sure about if you want the screen to start at black. But if so, the map is showing at start because of three things:

★ The senseless screen-flash has an active waiting-time of a full sec before code continues.
★ Using the fadeout-command takes some time too process.
★ Your event is executed by autorun, this process-type waits to start until screen has finished fadein after the map is loaded.

How to start game with a blackscreen on non-black map with party intact:
It's not a bad thing that you are using autorun, in fact it's really good since it prevents the player to take action while your intro is running. But at first you should remove the fadeout and fadein.

Add another event to the map that runs at parallel and contains a command for tint-screen to black with zero waiting-time (evcmd-page #2, left column, last block, button #3) and a self-switch or something afterwards which makes it advancing to a 2nd (empty) page with fitting condition on it.

You can now fake a fadein by using the tint-screen again in your autorun-event instead of the normal fadein-command. Which doesn't mean you should never use fadeout/fadein midgame, but at game-start it can be a bit tricky.

Or use a black map without visible party to start the game and ignore the rest of this.

~炬燵あ
So, I attempted to read this as carefully as possible. I went back and forth between the forum tab and rpgmaker making sure I got everything you said correctly. Here is how it went:
1648069736379.png1648069768734.png
The top left in the black void is the parallel control for the black starting screen.
1648069849843.png
This screenshot is my main cutscene, I put in tint at first but it didnt work and only ran the cutscene as black.
1648069930440.png
It is still black even when I do fade in. even when i try to do tint screen again with its default settings so it goes back to colours it wont do anything but stay black.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your parallel process is never turned off, ever. That's why. You only have one page so self switch A is meaningless there.

Honestly I'd suggest if this is for the starting of the game make a blank map that you map nothing on it, have the game start there, then just do a fade out event on that map then transfer the player here. That blank map can later be used for anything else that needs to be set up before the game starts like setting starting inventory, G and stuff like that as well.

LOUPPAUS

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your parallel process is never turned off, ever. That's why. You only have one page so self switch A is meaningless there.

Honestly I'd suggest if this is for the starting of the game make a blank map that you map nothing on it, have the game start there, then just do a fade out event on that map then transfer the player here. That blank map can later be used for anything else that needs to be set up before the game starts like setting starting inventory, G and stuff like that as well.
result so far

LOUPPAUS

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You didn't put a fade-in command when you went to the other map.

Also, you have the transfer event set to Action Button, not Autorun.
it worked! thank you :bless:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harish-m98