Issue with Events

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by RedHoodJT, Oct 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RedHoodJT

RedHoodJT Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Good morning RPG Maker Community,

I am trying to finish my final scene for my game. The reveal of events that happens right before the final boss battle and then credit roll screen. However I am having an issue with getting my event to kick off correctly.

My first event that starts once you are transferred to the map carries out. But the one that is supposed to start after the first one ends never starts and my character is stuck on the tile that it is transported to. Can I get some help on this? I am not sure what to upload in order for you to take a look but I thought maybe this has happened before and someone else knows the fix.

If I need to upload anything please let me know.

Thanks in advanced for the help
    RedHoodJT

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There are 2 possibilities here.
    One (the most likely) is that you have an autorun event which has not finished running. The last command on any autorun event should be a self switch taking you to the next page which should be blank, except for the condition of the self switch. If that's not the problem, check the map that you have transferred to and look at every event, without exception, to see if there's something you have accidentally set to autorun.

If the player cannot move at all then it's 99% certain to be an autorun problem. If the player cannot move but can turn, then it's the second possibility, which is a tileset passability issue.

Llareian likes this.
  3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You'll need to post full pictures of the event command. Odds are the condition to run the page for the 2nd event is never met, or the 2nd event has another page which is valid, so that is being run instead.

4. RedHoodJT

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kes Ok so if I have an autorun event and I want that event to segue into another event. I need to create 3 pages for the event. One with the event which at the end has a self switch, page two has the ending self switch parameter, then the third page having the conditional switch call that I then start the next event with by selecting the switch checkbox and selecting that named switch?

5. RedHoodJT

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @bgillisp I think I was able to understand how to fix it with what @Kes said. If I understood him correctly then it should work. If not then I will post pics of my work so that I can show what I am doing. Thanks.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Never split a single cutscene between different events or event pages.
    If something is to happen directly after an event, without giving the player any Chance of action, then place the commands that should happen at the end of the first event, never in a new event.

Splitting a cutscene and connecting the part by switches will only give you headaches in bughunting.
    Switches are used for sequences where the player can act freely between then, never in continuous cutscenes.

You can read my bughunting tutorial in my signature for some of the reasons...