Issue with maps not showing in editor.

OkamiRed

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Recently opened a game I was working on and all the maps have gone from the editor menu. When I play test the game it still works fine and all the files are in the right place they just do not show in the editor anymore and I can't figure out why.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks as if your mapinfo file was damaged - that is where the editor looks for map information, including which maps exists.

For a short repair, make a copy of your project (IMPORTANT), make a new project, add new maps into the new project until it has the correct number of empty maps and then copy the map info file but not the maps into your backup. Don't change the original until you have repaired everything and always keep a backup.

And then search for the reason why the file was damaged to prevent it from happening again.

OkamiRed

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks as if your mapinfo file was damaged - that is where the editor looks for map information, including which maps exists.

For a short repair, make a copy of your project (IMPORTANT), make a new project, add new maps into the new project until it has the correct number of empty maps and then copy the map info file but not the maps into your backup. Don't change the original until you have repaired everything and always keep a backup.

And then search for the reason why the file was damaged to prevent it from happening again.
Thank you. This worked. Do you have any idea what I should look for to find out why the file was damaged?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

//peeks out from behind some bushes
Psst! Psst!
//waits for everyone to gather...
I saw it! I saw it!
//looks around conspiratorially then leans over and whispers
Galv updated a plugin!
:rheh:
No sudden moves, we don't want to scare him off. :kaoback:
Quick someone setup a Patron trap while we distract him. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urotsuki