Issue with MOG Hunter's Chain Commands, Please Help

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by piqueRAJ, Jul 3, 2015.

1. piqueRAJ

piqueRAJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask this ^w^; 

But I'm having a pretty bad issue with MOG's Chain Command's Script http://sta.sh/01xnccr52w3p or rather implementing it in my game.

(here's one of the events I'm using it in)

Help.PNG

What I'm trying to do is use it as a sort of minigame in my game to where the main character can hypnotize NPCs. Most of the minigames will be 2-3 rounds each and I'm trying to get it to where messing up with make the player go back a round then lose if all rounds are failed. This is where many issues have occurred. First, even if I messed up play testing it, the rounds would continue as if I were successful, always resulting in a win (and where's the fun in that?). And now I'm having the opposite effect, I'm succeeding but the lose condition plays instead.

Is there something I'm not getting? Am I not setting the conditional branches and labels up right? I really don't know. This minigame is a pretty core part of the game and there are several instances in the story to where the player HAS to play it and be successful. I hope someone here knows what to do because I'm at a loss...

Thanks for reading.

[Edit] Added a link to the script on my DA Stash because that's all I knew how to link it ^^;

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please give a link to the script you have problems with.

3. piqueRAJ

piqueRAJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry. Just added it.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When asking to link, we prefer the original site of the script because if there are any updates available (and you have an older version) then that's where those updates, errors and more are reported.

That said, your main problem is that you aren't checking for the result of the chain command in your event - if I read the script correctly, the number you give is both for the sequence and for the switch that will be triggered by the sequence - and then in the conditional branch you check a switch that has nothing to do with the script command...

5. piqueRAJ

piqueRAJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay ^^; Noted

and OHHHHHHHHHH that makes sense now

though that also means I'm going to have to reassign A LOT of stuff >~>; Oh well I'm not in a hurry to finish this game -w-;

Thanks anyway =3