Issue with passive skills and YEP-EquipBattleSkills

Whirlnado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to create a passive skill that makes the character deal more damage against dragons.

But the way Yanflys EquipBattleSkills and AutoPassiveStates work together don't work for my idea...
I've already read that you can't give a skill a passive State because it could cause some error and so you should the actor learn the skill. So when i create an NPC or item that give this skill to the party, they all have that skill equiped and do more damage against dragons. However if i unequip the skill they still have the damage buff against dragons...

I tried other plugins ( MrTS_PassiveSkills and Moogle_X_PassiveSkill ) but they don't work with Yanflys EquipBattleSkills

Any ideas what i could try?:/

For those interested how i created that effect: I simply made an element which is called dragon, and enemys that are dragons have a 120% weakness against it. And the state adds the dragon element to attacks

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If there a particular reason you can't have this as a passive state on the skill? The notetags in the plugin itself say that it's a valid tag for skills and I can't think of anything in EquipBattleSkills that would interfere with that.

Whirlnado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is from Yanfly's Website

NOTE: For those using Passive States with your skills, the passive states will only be applied from Learned Skills! They will not be applied from skills that are learned through traits. Why? Because without this restriction, a passive skill that applies a passive state that in turn provides a skill through its traits will cause an infinite loop in your game and cause it crash. So if you want your skills to provide a passive state, have your actors learn the skill instead of applying it through a trait.

And as i already mentioned: If i let the party learn the skill, they have the passiv active all the time, even though i unequiped the skill from the list...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.
grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
Have you already checkes out my mapping tutorial on the blog? I would love to hear your feedback and things you'd like to see in the future!

one of character for my upcoming game idk how to design o_O

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Note: lol, posting this made me find a couple mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilKeepItReal