Issue with Yanfly Core plugin

temmie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So, I've only just started using this program (about 2 weeks now) and all is well and good, but I decided to try out the Yanfly plugins, and when I set the CORE plugin to ON and try to playtest my game, it gives me the following message:

"Failed to execute 'getImageData' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 1 is non-finite.

View attachment 57142

EDIT: I use windows 10, and both RPG Maker MV and the plugin itself are up-to-date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
This sounds like something that happens when your game project's files are outdated. can you try making a new project and putting Core engine there and see if the problem still persists?

temmie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This sounds like something that happens when your game project's files are outdated. can you try making a new project and putting Core engine there and see if the problem still persists?

I actually played around with it for like 2 hours and found out it was because I had named the .js files something other than what they were supposed to be, and for some reason that isn't mentioned on many threads who encounter this problem.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it isn't mentioned in the problem topics unless we see the plugin screenshots, because it is mentioned in most general tutorials on how to use plugins - never rename them as that will cause the data structure to crumble (the plugin name automatically becomes part of the naming structure, and a lot of the commands inside that plugin need to use that structure)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yeah plugin tutorials already mentioned the don't change the filename. But glad that worked out for you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Decided to submit my games to the Monday Night Stream. Figured it might be a fun way to get some traction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavaWave