Gokasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Guys,

I just got the plugins and when I add them and play-test the game, I get a Developer Tools (chrome-extension..) window with and error.. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read propertu 'prototype' of YEP_X_ExtDoodadPack1.js:87...

It is this line: " Sprite_Doodad.prototype.initCustomDataZ; "

Also, in game when I hit F10, the Doodads Window is not showing at all..

Can anyone help me, please?

thank you and keep safe!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please hit F8 to open the developer tools, and show a screenshot of the Console tab when you get that error message.

Also a screenshot of your plugin manager.

Gokasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Shaz ,

Sure, I already showed you the message, but I will take a screen shoot of my Plugin manager and the Console, please stay tuned and thank you!

Thanks!

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the console tab sometimes has more specific information then the error message the player gets, which is why Shaz asked for screen shots.

Gokasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here you go, and thank you again for the help!

pl.PNG

pic.PNG

consolepic.PNG
EDIT
Hi @gothicvoid ,

I understand, thank you for letting me know!

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and the top of the console shows the message yanfly has placed for you:
your project is of an older core version, too old to be able to use doodads.
you need to update your project files, which most likely means you'll need to update your editor first.

what is the editor version? current one is 1.6.2 (click on help-about)

please make sure you have a backup before making any changes. Skipping several versions of the core can break your project! You need to know if every plugin is compatible with the updated version and look for updates on the plugins that will not be compatible to new versions.

Gokasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Andar ,

I bought the RPG Maker MV yesterday, so I assumed it was the newest version available, am I wrong?

I did build the project in the older version, probably, so how do I update the project?

Thanks!

EDIT
Hi @Andar ,

I just checked and I have the Version 1.6.2 of RPG Maker MV, so it should work with it, right?

Thank you!

EDIT2
Just wanted to update,

I tried removing the X_ExtDoodadPack1, and it got rid of the error, I just get the same 2 warnings, and when I am in the game, I tried pressing F10, and it still won't open the Doodads...

Any advice?

Thanks you all again, I really appreciate all your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just checked and I have the Version 1.6.2 of RPG Maker MV, so it should work with it, right?
no - you have the editor version 1.6.2, but your project still has a version that is older than 1.3.0 - or did you update the project today? Because the project updates are always manual, they never happen automatically.

You need to update your project before the plugin can function.

Gokasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no - you have the editor version 1.6.2, but your project still has a version that is older than 1.3.0 - or did you update the project today? Because the project updates are always manual, they never happen automatically.

How do I update the project?

Thank you again @Andar!

Gokasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi All,

I managed to update my project, using this tutorial: ,

Thank you again everyone for your help, I really appreciate, and I will let you know if I bump into another issue, but it should work now,

Special thanks to @Andar , you rock!

Thank you all and keep safe!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a forum here where MV updates are posted, with the latest one always being pinned. Every update thread has a link to the instructions to manually update projects.

When you get an error, always check the console, because it does have more information.

Also, the message you put in your first post is not the message you got, because you have made some typos. When dealing with things like this, it's very important that we see the exact message, because if you have typos (or if there are actually typos in the message, but you don't reproduce them when you say what the message was), it can actually hide what the issue is, or make us think there's something else wrong that isn't. So, screenshots are better than typing, and a screenshot from the console tab is better than a screenshot from the game.

Gokasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you @Shaz , I will keep that in mind and always check the console,

I appreciate all your help..and for all the tips you shared with me..

Thank you again, and keep safe!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Newbie, please be gentle
reworkMZ.png
To keep myself motivated to make the MZ SF tiles normal and usable modern tiles I like to make tiny maps and toggle between the options :3
Character selection in games be like
Special Tractor Operation! :kaojoy:
Current status screens for Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend. Need to do something about the color scheme lol
Captura de pantalla (259).pngCaptura de pantalla (260).png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacorunsurtoto