Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey y'all

So I'm working on a carnival section in my game using Doodads, but I'm running into an issue. While most of the doodads look fine, a few are blurry/low res no matter what I do.

Here's one example. The prize wall in this image is blurry. You may have to open this image in a new tab and click on it to see what I'm talking about.

I've tried creating a new PNG file under a new name, I've tried putting it in a different Doodad folder, and I've tried putting it in a different location on the map... Yet it's still blurry!

Screenshot (162).png

When I add the doodad while I'm playtesting, it looks perfectly fine! However, as soon as I re-enter the playtest, it goes back to being blurry. When I change the position of the doodad mid-playtest it goes from blurry to non-blurry, but goes back to being blurry when exiting & re-entering the playtest. This is what it's supposed to look like (again you have to open in a new tab and click on it for full res)

Screenshot (163).png

Here's another example.

Screenshot (161).png

As you can see, the Donut guy's face in blurry (I use doodads to change facial expressions). It also doesn't align with the body as it's slightly offset. The doodad is only of the donut's face.

Screenshot (164).png
^This is what it's supposed to look like.

Screenshot (160).png
This is a different doodad (includes the donut truck + the guy), and here there is no blurriness. What doesn't make sense is that I copy and pasted the art from this very doodad and used it for the doodad file that is blurry above (blank facial expression) This makes me think it has nothing to do with how I drew the sprite in Aesprite.

Again, for this section there are only a few of these Doodads that act like this. If I were to add any of the non-blurry doodads to the map they still work fine (so it's not an issue of having too many doodads on the map or something)

Does anyone know a solution to this?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was hoping you'd hear from someone who uses the plugin more than I do, but...
there are only a few of these Doodads that act like this.
This to me speaks of it being something with that image. I haven't seen reports of other people having this issue, so I think that's the telling part.

Do some testing...if you place the blurry images on a different map, are the results the same? If you open the image you made and save it again in a different piece of software, does anything change? It's hard to imagine how the plugin could be having a different effect on specific image files.

EndlessGame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was hoping you'd hear from someone who uses the plugin more than I do, but...

This to me speaks of it being something with that image. I haven't seen reports of other people having this issue, so I think that's the telling part.

Do some testing...if you place the blurry images on a different map, are the results the same? If you open the image you made and save it again in a different piece of software, does anything change? It's hard to imagine how the plugin could be having a different effect on specific image files.
Sorry, I never saw this, but thanks for responding. I have no clue what is causing this issue, but I have fixed a few of them - by making a new file of the same image. However, this doesn't always work. I have two doodads that are blurry/low res, no matter which map I place them on. I've tried creating new .png files of the same image for these two, but the same thing happens. It isn't very clear. I use Aseprite for all of my pixel art.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_7_2022_0_23_50.png
Unleash the hype beam...
hjyI4gQ.png

Made an attachment for the HUD that I can control the visibility of with switches. This tracks the current amount of items needed to finish a quest. Once you meet the requisite, it turns into "complete" because I figured it would be a good way to tell the player they're done. Also it stops numbers from going off of the UI.

Tortoise attacks black shoes. Hope everyone is doing well. :)
Banging my head on a wall balancing.
Game Making Every Day #13 :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinomedio