Issue with Yanfly's Visual HP Guage Plugin

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Gray96, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Gray96

Gray96 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone! I just started a new project and I've been trying to setup all of my systems via plugins. All of them are working fine except for one, Yanfly's Visual HP Guage Plugin. First off, I don't feel that I have ordered any of my plugins incorrectly, as I know they should appear in the plugin list in the same order that Yanfly has posted them on his page. Here's an image of my current plugin list, which is still a work in progress:

upload_2018-1-7_15-45-19.png

As you can see, the only plugin I have turned off is YEP_X_VisualHpGuage. With that turned off, a battle simulation works fine, as the following image shows (enemy is using a dragonbones battler animation made by Eakashics):

upload_2018-1-7_15-47-51.png

However, if I turn the Visual Hp Guage plugin back on, I get the following...

upload_2018-1-7_15-49-7.png

To reiterate, the only thing I changed that led to this error was turning on the HP guage plugin. I do know that the float parameter is something that can be adjusted in notetags with Yanfly's YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies Plugin so I tried turning that off to see if that would do anything, but I still got the same error message as above, even when trying against enemies that don't use plugin assets (animated side view battlers and Dragonbones) such as default bats. Not really sure how to address this problem, any input is appreciated!

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    One question:
    Did you start a new game after turning on or off any plugin?

Activating or adding a plugin usually makes all previous savefiles incompatible, with errors similiar to the one displayed.
    You need to start new games whenever the plugin list is changed.

Gray96 likes this.
  3. Gray96

Gray96 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My original tests were just done using battle tests in the troops editor, but I just tried your suggestion and I still ended up with the same error message :( I appreciate the input though!

As a side note, I also tried reinstalling the plugin but no luck, still getting the message after applying and saving the changes + starting a new game :(

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe perhaps give Moghunter's Boss HP plugin a go instead- you'll have to create a face icon for each boss (ie: a face icon named Face_41 if the boss in question is entry #41 in your database), but I like it MUCH better than Yanfly's, plus it is much simpler to add it to a enemy since the only note tag you'll need to add is "Boss HP". Don't get me wrong, Yanfly does a lot of great plugins, but I think the Boss HP bar one was one of his flawed ones.

Here's an example:
    Bar.png

It plays nicely with all of Yanfly's other battle plugins.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Gray96 likes this.
  5. Gray96

Gray96 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the alternate option! I may try it out, though I still wish I could pinpoint the issue with my current setup ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.