Clarey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My System:

Windows 7 64-bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590, 16GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

So basically when I open steam (which is how I own my copy of MV), I go to the page for it and press Launch. It will act like it is loading and next to the program it will be listed as "Running" however nothing will open. If I check the computer's processes MV is listed as running but nothing opens. Not even the initial load up logo for the program.

What I've tried so far, is checking the integrity of the files, deleting steam's application cashe, I've re-installed the program, restarted the steam, and my computer multiple times, I've also ran the program as administrator. I've attempted to google and see if anyone has had a similar problem but had no luck so far. If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to try anything. Thank you in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is outside of steam and outside of the RM - you have a background program that is blocking the MV program from execution.

This has been known to happen with several antivirus and internet security programs that need the editor whitelisted to allow it to start, and in the last few weeks several user also found out that their video card company installed an automatically activating capture program (named PlaysTV or so) that activates itself whenever a steam game is started to allow for easier creation of Let's Plays, without even telling the user that. That video capture program crashed RMVXA on steam - it might be that MV didn't crash but simply stopped working.

However, we can only point you to possible causes - you have to test yourself until you find the program responsible for blocking MV.

I suggest to start with checking the logs of your security programs, if one of them blocked RMMV it will have listed that as an "attempted malware start" or something similiar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the reply, I've went through my antivirus which is Microsoft Essentials and have found nothing showing that it is blocking MV. I've closed as many processes as I can through the task manager and attempted multiple times to open it. Still nothing so I'm opened to any further suggestions.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are willing to list the installed programs from your system properties (screenshots are possible), we might be able to point you to a less obvious program that could cause this.

Otherwise you'll have to continue checking for yourself as we don't know the details of your computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My spirit can be so easily wounded by most things that nobody thinks twice about. It may be not a big deal to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!
I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merglu