Issues understanding events interacting with each other in cutscenes (moving npc characters)

Castoa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm rather new to RPG Maker and before I really started on a project, I wanted to make sure I understood the basics of what I'd want to do in a game. Currently I'm testing cutscenes, but I'm running into some issues. The way I've set it up is so that when the player character steps on an event square (event A), my NPC character event (event B ) will start up. I've gotten this to work to an extent, but I have a feeling that something I'm doing is wrong, not to mention that every time event B plays, my player character disappears.

Attached are screenshots of my events. The second pages of both events are empty. I'm pretty sure my issue is something small or stupid, but it's really annoying that I can't figure out what it is.

(My reasoning here is I'd like to be able to have multiple characters moving at once, hence why I'd prefer to have separate events for each character's actions, though maybe it'd be easier to have the entire cutscene in one event, I'm not entirely sure...)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    91.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    98.3 KB · Views: 4

Danitinkis

Deadly and sexy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly, the Transparency ON makes the character invisible, while if it's off, it's visible

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First thing, never have separate events for each character. Those are a nightmare to debug. What you should do instead is create an event which controls all of the characters in a cutscene, using the set move route to move the events you want to move.

And yes, the transparency ON is probably why you can't see your character. By default set move route (usually) defaults to the player unless you tell it otherwise.

Castoa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much for the help, it was the transparency. My mind was thinking I’d need it to hide my npc character until the event was ready to play, but it seems it’s doing that automatically, so that did fix it!

I’ll have to try playing with having a dedicated cutscene event. It does confuse me a bit but I have a feeling that’s just a lack of familiarity with working with events and switches. Thanks so much for the fix and the suggestions!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pazzow