Issues with bigger maps when parallax mapping (TDDP_BindPicturesToMap)

NASTY-DOCTOR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place, this is my first time here
I tried my best to find another thread about the issue, but a lot of stuff is outdated/doesn't cover my issue

I wanted to start making parallax maps with overlays and stuff because there's not much I can do with a single layer, I need the character to walk behind certain objects that I draw in my parallaxes, so I tried to follow Echo607's tutorial on this
however my map is way bigger than the default size and that's what causes the issue

This is what my event looks like:

And the issue is that it's stuck in a part of the picture and doesn't move at all, I can't see my character either

(this is the full picture, it's a placeholder one to test things out so it's not an issue for me to edit)

Unfortunately, the documentation page of the plugin is gone and the creator of the plugin seems to be inactive, so I've been wondering if someone here knows how to bind the pictures properly or if there's an alternative plugin for this?

Plugin used: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/bind-pictures-to-map.46776/

Thank you lots!

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You mention plugins, which are for MV and that tutorial is also for MV. But you have posted in a section for VX Ace.

[move]JavaScript Plugin Support[/move]
Could you edit your post to include a link to the web page where you got the plugin so that people don't have to hunt for it if they need to check something before making a suggestion.
Thanks

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are a lot of possible causes, and you didn't give much info.
Please answer the following questions:

1) what is your map size in tiles?
2) what is your parallax size in pixel?
3) if you go to your project's js folder and open the rpg_core.js file with a text editor (do not doubleclick it), what is the number at the end of its title line? (should be the second line of the text)
4) please give a screenshot of your plugin manager

NASTY-DOCTOR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) Map size in tiles is 139 x 22
2) Parallax in pixels is 6672 x 1056
3) Not exactly sure what you mean, you mean this?

4)

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need to make change layer command. Just
Code:
Plugin command: BindPictureToMap x below_characters
is enough.
I think it's because you forgot to specify the 2nd image part if you want it above characters or below?

And, I think another problem is Yanfly's plugins not in the right order.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3) Not exactly sure what you mean, you mean this?
Yes.

1.5.0 is one of the stable releases - there are other core versions that would be more problematical.
You might want to consider updating to 1.6.2 or so since none of your plugins requires the old 1.5.0, but even if you are interested you should make backups before updating the project because there is always a chance that a project update can break the project.
Don't go to 1.6.0 however because that is an update that went wrong, you would need to go to 1.6.2 with the fixes.

NASTY-DOCTOR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need to make change layer command. Just
Code:
Plugin command: BindPictureToMap x below_characters
is enough.
I think it's because you forgot to specify the 2nd image part if you want it above characters or below?

And, I think another problem is Yanfly's plugins not in the right order.
I tried changing things up but my brain fell and I'm not 100% sure if I'm doing this right <: -) can I have a screenshot as an example?
Oh! I didn't know plugins had to be set in a certain order, what would the right order be?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
order affects compatibility of plugins.
in case of yanfly, this is especially true due to the extremely high number of plugins available from him - the required order is the one in which he has linked his plugins on the main list on his website.

NASTY-DOCTOR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
order affects compatibility of plugins.
in case of yanfly, this is especially true due to the extremely high number of plugins available from him - the required order is the one in which he has linked his plugins on the main list on his website.
Got it! I'll look into it :-]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
Asphodelethe wrote on skybluehair's profile.
Hi! I loe your desert NPCs for adding some variety. I've used them in a free game (The Snow Elf on Itch.io) and I'd love to use them in the new game I'm working on, which I hope to release commercially. I'd love your permission if I could have it!

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GTFoxN6Y