Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the light theme.

When I'm writing a post, and I want to select some text to erase, the highlight color is dark, but the text color is also dark, and I can't read what I've selected.

If I get an alert and click the icon in the top right corner, they appear as light text on dark background, which is readable. But if I click Show All at the bottom of the list, the new window that comes up shows unread alerts as dark text on a dark background, which is not readable.

Could we please get both of those to show light text on a dark background instead?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using dark mode, but from what I can tell the highlight is pretty much different.
In firefox
Screenshot_58.jpg
And in chrome
Screenshot_57.jpg
Maybe that can be different in light theme as well.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, in the light theme, the highlight is next to impossible to read

Attachments

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, there are still a couple of bugs. One thing I noticed though, is that the text highlighting bug only occurs when you're writing a post or a thread. When you highlight someone else's pre-existing post the issue is gone. Very weird.

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Minor gripe, not sure how often forumers here uses Preview post feature.

Both light and dark theme looks blended in background for preview and post editor.

Sometimes, I click on the preview below the text by accident where I should've click on the editor to change text.

There was a preview background that has a light blue shade like the quote box similar to previous forum interface. I guess it'll take a while to get used to.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What I'm trying to say that it could the browser-related issue.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is related to the theme/style sheet. Dark text on dark text is not good in ANY browser.

Just tried it in another browser. Exactly the same.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I didn't like parts of either dark or light so I use color theme. The only issue I have is that links are impossible to see. I have to move my mouse cursor over all the text to find if there is a link in the post.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i recommend STYLEBOT to hack and use your own CSS styles.
We can also share custom themes for website.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Highlight functionality for dark theme in Firefox has been unusable for awhile now, so I wrote myself a hackish workaround. The drawback is I have to copy/paste it into the js console every time I want to write a post, which is horrible and inconvenient, but at least the highlight feature is finally usable for as long as I remain on the page:

Code:
for (let i of document.getElementsByClassName("fr-element")) i.style.backgroundColor = "#111";
Before/after:

Enbara

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Highlight functionality for dark theme in Firefox has been unusable for awhile now, so I wrote myself a hackish workaround. The drawback is I have to copy/paste it into the js console every time I want to write a post, which is horrible and inconvenient, but at least the highlight feature is finally usable for as long as I remain on the page:
Just to confirm, this was only for the editor, correct? I've made an adjustment that should only change highlighting for the editor in the dark theme without affecting anything else. Sorry for the inconvenience/growing pains!

Enbara

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I just added a hard override to say no, really, use the colors specified in the CSS. I have no idea why it wasn't :( I assume people just test in Chrome and call it good.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to confirm, this was only for the editor, correct? I've made an adjustment that should only change highlighting for the editor in the dark theme without affecting anything else. Sorry for the inconvenience/growing pains!
Yes, that's what was wrong, but you fixed it perfectly. Thank you! :D

However, I should point out that the other themes still have similar problems with text highlighting (in Firefox, anyway)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Enbara The Light theme still has this problem (in Chrome). If you could fix it there as well, that would be great. :kaothx:

Edit: Thank you :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela