Issues with the Town of Seasons DLC

Discussion in 'KADOKAWA Resource Packs' started by OrangeCreme, Jan 26, 2017.

1. OrangeCreme

OrangeCreme Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello to all!

I am having a bit of trouble with my RPG Maker MV DLC. It's as the title suggested, regarding to the "Town of Seasons". I had recently purchased this little add-on on Steam and when I finally installed it to my maker I noticed a strange quirk. A few areas are transparent, showing the parallax(?) chequerboard design under it. This is quite detrimental towards my usage of this pack and was wondering if anyone knew how to remedy this issue.

Enclosed is an example image of the affected tiles from Tile-A1. The image I sent is stretched and colourless on purpose! 

example.png

2. Zero2505

Zero2505 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't have the ToS DLC, so it's a little hard to help you as I cant see the tiles myself. But if I had to take a guess, do you have the tiles in the correct order under the images in the database for the tilesets? Generally A1 tiles are the animation tiles such as moving water, where inside walls are the A4 tiles and judging by those stairs, they look like they should be in the B-E tiles.

Only other thing I can think of, is the formatting of the image is in the wrong size. The happens pretty often when people download the wrong image off the website, but seeing how this is dlc that wouldn't be a issue here.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hopefully someone who has this dlc can be more help then me. Best of luck, and hopefully you find out the answer to your question. :)

3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Those look like tiles that belong in the B - E tiles. A1 can *only* be animated tiles. Using anything else in that slot results in strange behavior. You may wish to look over the help file some to read up on what the A1 - A5, B - E slots are for, as you can't use A tiles anywhere but the A slot, and vice versa.

4. OrangeCreme

First Language:
    English

Just a bit of an update on the situation. I learned that I was mistaken in calling it an A1 tile; It was actually an A5. However, the problem was still there, as I had plugged it into the right place, I just gave you all a bit of misinformation on accident. I put the "TOS-TileA5" (as it's named) into the E slot and miraculously it worked as it's supposed to. Thanks for the input. Without the suggestion of the E slot, I would have never figured it out. I just don't understand why it was labeled as an A5 when it was an E.

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It can also be plugged into C and D with no difference in behavior.  B is slightly different because the first tile should be empty (if there is something in it, it gets ignored so there's no point in even having something there), but other than that it also works the same as C, D, and E.  That is strange that it was labeled incorrectly, A5 and B-E sheets aren't even the same size.

6. OrangeCreme

First Language:
    English
    A new problem/the same problem (in a different area) has come up strangely enough. A previously working tile from a B slot no longer works with my E slot tiles when I moved them. It shows the parallax chequerboard issue. I am at a loss as to what to do. It seems I have taken one step forward and two steps back.It works on say Grass from A2, but not the E slot tiles. Either way, plugging it into either the correctly labeled A5 slot or the E slot still brings up issues.

example2.png

7. OrangeCreme

First Language:
    English
    I would try, but B, C, and E already have TOS tiles for them so there is really nowhere else to put them but in A5 or E.

8. OrangeCreme

First Language:
    English
    Just to reiterate things. I tried plugging everything into their proper places. A1-A-5, as well as B-D but it didn't work correctly. I plugged A5 into E, and it fixed my original problem, but then another few tiles began suffer from the same problem.

orderlist.png

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OrangeCreme, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you have something to add and your own post is the last one, simply edit that.

As for your problem:

You need to understand how the layers of MV work.

Everything in the A# slots goes into the bottom layer. There are a few exceptions where specific tiles on the A-sheets might be combined before going into the bottom layer, but that's a rare exception.

Everything in the B to E slots goes into the two upper layers, one after another and in the order you place it there. The exception here being the star-stiles that would always be displayed top, no matter the order in which it is placed.

Events go above the upper layers but below star tiles, and can use any sprite or a tile from the B-E layers.

Now think about that - if you want to combine certain options above or below each other, they need to go into the slots depending on where they have to be placed, and you can use decorative events to add another layer.

A5 is actually there to get normal tiles into the bottom layer, but anything trasnparent on the bottom layer will show the parallax.

Some people use A5 to trick the engine into getting certain tiles into the lower layer, but it should not contain transparencies.

Based on this you need to think where to place which sheet.

10. OrangeCreme

First Language:
    English
    I apologise for the double post. I wasn't aware.

Are you saying I should use events to put the tiles on the map without showing the parallax?

11. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, that was background info to allow you to decide what to do on each specific case - because it may be different or even combined on different maps.

And you don't need to quote entire posts for simple questions, please do that only if you're referencing a part of a different post.

12. OrangeCreme

First Language:
    English
    Alright @Andar , I once again apologise for seeming like a bit of a dunce. I THINK I may have solved the issue. By putting A5 in B, B in C, C in D and D in E things graphically look alright. It all visually appears to be acting the way it should. I just don't understand why it was released with the labeling it had if it was wrong.

13. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I couldn't get this typed out fast enough.  Oh well, maybe it'll still be helpful.

Unless you want to show a parallax layer below the tiles that the A tiles should be completely solid.  (The exception to that is the right half of the A3 tiles due to the odd way that RM renders those, but you don't really need to worry about those.)  So, for example, in my Pyxel Myth set I made a water parallax image.  To show the water you would need to not only tell the engine that you had a parallax image, but also have transparent A tiles.  I have a set of A1 tiles just for this purpose, the tiles show the shore line and the rest is transparent.  But if you don't tell the engine to put in that water parallax then it just has the grid 

If it helps, think of layers as a stack of paper with holes cut out of them.  If all you have is the bottom layer and you've cut a hole in it, you're not going to see another sheet of paper, you're going to see the table.  That's what's going on when you put any of those tile sheets with transparency in the A5 slot.

14. OrangeCreme

First Language:
    English
    @Sharm Although I don't understand much due to myself being a bit inept, I appreciate your input and that sort of makes me realise how this all works. I could visually see it in my head with the table and paper metaphor. So, thank you very much for that.

Sharm likes this.