Issues with transferring between maps?

perilouspage

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello! I'm really new to this, so sorry if this is a "duh" kind of question.

I'm trying to get a transfer to work between two maps. However, every time I set it up, stepping on the tile that should activate the transfer in playtest mode triggers an error message.

If it helps, I'd like to have the transfer be two-way between the maps, but I can't even get it to work one-way.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Post a picture of the event you have, as that is usually due to an error in your event.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's like a door transfer, make sure you select Player Touch on the dropdown menu. If it's like going through an object or elevator, etc, make sure you select Action Button. That's usually the most likely error that a lot of people have.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's usually the most likely error that a lot of people have.
Having the wrong event trigger doesn't result in an error message though.

We need to know what the error message is before we can help. My guess is either that the destination map has been deleted, some resource on the destination map couldn't be loaded, or there's a script call or something before the transfer and that is what's generating the error, and not the transfer at all.

But can't do anything without knowing what the message is.

So, OP, please show us a screenshot of the event, and a screenshot of the error message you're getting.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've tried to duplicate "an error" on my end, and no matter what I throw at the system, it doesn't break.
it's definitely not an error caused by a vanilla program... it must be a plugin error.
anything from missing maps, to wrong coordinates, to faulty sequences, doesn't break it, it doesn't even run if there's an error.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've tried to duplicate "an error" on my end, and no matter what I throw at the system, it doesn't break.
it's definitely not an error caused by a vanilla program... it must be a plugin error.
anything from missing maps, to wrong coordinates, to faulty sequences, doesn't break it, it doesn't even run if there's an error.
Have you tried to put a transfer player to a certain map and then deletes the map? Maybe that would result and error. Maybe that was the error. Also, it's "script", not plugin :p

Edit:
I completely missed the missing map.
but I just want to say it's script not plugin.

Thefirelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A screenshot of the event would be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Animalblack