KittRen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! I'm going to try to ask this question as clearly as possible.

In my game, I have 2 vehicles, the first is a 'whale'(ship) that you can use to explore the ocean, while the other is a ridable creature (which varies based on what creature you choose to ride) and that is the 'boat' and I'm using the land vehicle plug in.

1. So my first issue is this, when you get on the vehicle, it stops the map music from playing and resets it. I assume this is because it wants to play the music for the vehicle, but I don't want custom music. The map music changes based on the season. So basically, I'm looking for a way to make the vehicle music non existent.

2. Second, I want the player to be able to interact with the vehicles, since they are both living creatures. I want to be able to brush them and talk to them and feed them. This would be simple if they were events, but vehicles don't work that way, so how can I treat a vehicle the way I treat an event?

Any help is super appreciated! Even just a point in the right direction :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2) you need to make them events that give the options by show choice, and if the choice is "ride" you replace the event with the vehicle and automatically enter it by event command. And you'll need another event that vanishes the vehicle and replaces it with the animal event again when the player leaves the event.

It can be done with a bit of tricky eventing in default, but I have no idea what is changed and what not with the plugin, so you have to test that yourself. There are other plugins that might help, but again no idea what is compatible.

You might want to give a link to the website of the plugin you're using for better help

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first one is easy. In the Database under System, go to where the music plays for certain conditions, like in battle or on the title screen. There should be an option for various vehicles. Set those options to None.

The second one, however, may require a custom plugin or clever eventing to accomplish. As far as eventing, one thing you could try is Yanfly's Save Event Locations plugin (to retain positioning of the vehicle, event, or whatever) and an event with the image of the vehicle. If the 'vehicle' is actually an event, you can create options when interacting with it. When you want to use it as a vehicle, simply get the location through three variables:

X coordinate
Y coordinate
Map ID

Set those in a common event and call the event when you want to board. Then remove the event (probably via transparency and a through option) and replace it with the actual vehicle. Then board the vehicle.

When leaving the vehicle, do it in reverse. Leave vehicle, get coordinates, remove vehicle, place event. It's complex, but it could work.

KittRen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
2) you need to make them events that give the options by show choice, and if the choice is "ride" you replace the event with the vehicle and automatically enter it by event command. And you'll need another event that vanishes the vehicle and replaces it with the animal event again when the player leaves the event.
Sounds interesting, I might try this, thanks!

The first one is easy. In the Database under System, go to where the music plays for certain conditions, like in battle or on the title screen. There should be an option for various vehicles. Set those options to None.

I did this, but it still cuts the music currently playing, I tried looking through the core code to find a line to delete or something but no luck, also your event idea sound complicated but I might give it a try and see if I can get something to work, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:
anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?
I also wanted to say that my bro brought back nostalgia and got me a GBA SP for my birthday! Ah, the memories of Pokémon Sapphire and LeafGreen! It came in a gray shell but he ordered a red one so it'd look like the one I had as a kid. It looks brand new!
qhE9zC8.jpg
LsluASM.jpg
It's minus 50 out today, ugh. I'm so freaking cold. =_=;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lluviesa