Issues with Victor Engine Lighting script

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum or has already been answered)

I love this script, but I'm running into a problem when I try to deactivate it. The setup I'm using is pretty simple: A PP event runs the Create Shade event, the player steps on a 'Player Touch' event that turns on a switch which controls the Actor Light event (which is PP). After a few steps, the player steps on another Player Touch event that is supposed to deactivate the light, but all it does is cause the effect to flicker. Issues1.PNG
issues2.PNG

The script gives a <remove light> script call, but trying to use it gives this error:

issue3.PNG

Any ideas? Everything runs perfectly as far as getting the effect to work, it's trying to turn it off that's giving me problems. I've tried changing the Create Shade event to require a switch to be active, then deactivating the switch to attempt to turn off the Shade event, but this isn't working.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any ideas?
Fairly easy to fix.
The issue is that both events are parallel process and you do not turn them off.
You should use a self switch for each so when you need to turn them off you can.
So have two pages the second would either be the effect or just blank and the first the opposite.
then when you want to change one use this script command,
$game_self_switches[[map_id, event id, 'self switch']] = true
e.g.
$game_self_switches[[14, 9, 'A']] = true # or false

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.
I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png
Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesmichelucci