Status
Not open for further replies.

pparke2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am working on a boss mechanic using a few Yanfly plug-ins (YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_BattleEngineCore, and the YEP_X_CounterControl) but am having trouble getting the enemy to actually counterattack. The only other plug-ins I have active in the project are the default ones and YEP_ButtonCommonEvents.

I created a specific state that gives the enemy +100% Evasion and +100% Counter Attack and applied the <Evade Counter> notetag to the state.

I also added the <Counter Skill: Fire (or whatever the final skill will be)> notetag to the enemy.

When play testing (on the actual map, not the test battle from the database), once the state is applied, the enemy will dodge the attacks but never counterattack. If I turn the plug-in off, the player character will attack (but it won't show that he missed) and the enemy will counter attack. If I remove the <Counter Skill: Fire> notetag, the enemy will counter with the standard "Counter-Attack" skill.

I am essentially designing the Guard Scorpion from FF7 except it will dodge your attacks and counter with a powerful attack.

Have I set the notetags up incorrectly? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I discovered the issue. The enemy did not have the required resources to use the spell. I tested this with multiple skills and varied the MP available to confirm. This can now be closed.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)
Hi there im new to this making thing is there any sources you could recomend for teaching myself, on where to get started.
Ksi
Streaming the Valentine games from the RMN Valentiny event! Drop by and say hi!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1gnus