PersuaderGames

Adventure connoisseur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I am having issues with the Yanfly Core Engine. Whenever I try to load the game from a specific spot, I get the below error. Strangely this error doesnt happen when I transfer to the map in-game, but only when I load the game from that point.

I also attached a screenshot of my plugins used for reference.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'pages' of undefined
at Game_Event.page (rpg_objects.js:8434)
at Game_Event.list (rpg_objects.js:8438)
at Game_Event.start (rpg_objects.js:8556)
at Game_Event.checkEventTriggerAuto (rpg_objects.js:8701)
at Game_Event.update (rpg_objects.js:8707)
at Game_Map.updateEvents (/C:/Users/marcu/Google%20Drive/Development/Final%20Builds/SuicideDowntown/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1662)
at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:5992)
at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:420)
at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:412)
at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:401)

Thank you for the help!

upload_2018-11-10_12-37-8.png

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you added a plugin since that save game happened? Sometimes adding new plugins that add parameters to the game can cause older saved games to error out.

PersuaderGames

Adventure connoisseur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you added a plugin since that save game happened? Sometimes adding new plugins that add parameters to the game can cause older saved games to error out.
Hello SimProse, I haven't added any new plugins after the save happened. I deleted all save files before starting the game and created a new save file.

Could it be that the ordering of plugins has something to do with this?

punchybot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have much experience with this topic, but I will try to help.

I would stick the Core Plugin at the tippy top. Any other Yanfly Core plugins should follow below it, with other related plugins under the core plugin it relates to.

Plugins that are related to each other, like for example, the Yanfly Picture Common Events and Bind Pictures to Map plugin, should probably be near each other and may also need to have a different load order. Your order should basically be What Impacts My Game the Most to What Impacts My Game the Least - not always true, but a good starting point when trying to resolve problems.

Also, if Yanfly has a plugin that can do the same thing as one of those other plugins, I would change them out. His plugins are meant to work well with one another, and makes it reliable that it'll work with minimum issue.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello SimProse, I haven't added any new plugins after the save happened. I deleted all save files before starting the game and created a new save file.

Could it be that the ordering of plugins has something to do with this?

I'd put the Core Engine up top to start with and see if that does something.

PersuaderGames

Adventure connoisseur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys! I will try changing the plugin order. I will be right back with results.

PersuaderGames

Adventure connoisseur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick update: I am still having the same issues after re-arranging the order of plugins. I am using script calls to save and load the game, would this have anything to do with the problem?

The script call I use to load is: IAVRA.SINGLESAVE.load()

The call works in other save states, just for this specific one it doesn't.

upload_2018-11-10_13-57-52.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vyxel96