- Mar 17, 2013
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Sept.21.2014 * Update: I've improved Chapter One of It Lurks. v1.6 is available to download and play.
Download page: http://itlurks.com/chapter1.html
You can visit the game-entry page for it on the 2014 Indie Game Maker contest site at: http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/477
If you enjoy playing it, then please give a Like vote on that page. It's much appreciated. Feedback is also welcome.
I've been working hard on developing a game, It Lurks!
The first chapter of the this game will be submitted to the big 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest.
After the contest is over, in due time It Lurks will be developed into a bigger game with more exciting chapters to experience.
Game Title: It Lurks!
Game Genre / Style: A horror-themed RPG with a bit of a 1940s-ish era "noir" setting, in which the main protagonist is a Private Detective.
This game will have classical RPG aesthetics, but with it's own story, characters, locations and battle-system to explore and experience.
Main Website (for more info): http://itlurks.com
Brief Intro / Synopsis:
Meet Nate Hendricks, a Private Detective who's a bit down on his luck.
Business has been slow. Too slow. The bills are piling up, and he may have to soon close-up shop. He just needs a break. Perhaps one good well-paying case could help him turn things around.
Then one evening, he gets a call from a Doctor Offenhauser who wants to hire him. The Doc doesn't give many details over the phone, but insists it's an urgent matter that can't wait, and that he'll pay very handsomely, even just for Nate to show up to his residence that night to discuss matters personally.
"Sure, why not?", Nate thinks. Even if he decides not to take the case, he'll still get a bit of much-needed cash to help pay off a few of the bills.
Nate goes to the Doctor's secluded estate that night. But things soon take a turn for the worse. In fact, something sinister lurks within. It lurks, and it waits!
Game Features / Things of Note:
* Some sounds (fire in the fireplace, clocks-ticking, etc...) will become louder or softer as the Player-character nears or walks away from the source.
* Walls in the foreground will become solid as the Player-character moves away from them, and become translucent when nearing them to help you better explore an area.
* An exciting and interactive battle-system. Quick reflexes and a strategic use of actions can help you to overcome dangerous foes. Weapons include a .38 Special gun which can be a Detective's best friend when in a tough jam. It shoots fast and deals a lot of damage, but ammo is limited so choose to use it wisely. There's also a trusty Combat-Knife used for melee attacks. Plus you'll have skills and items that can also help.
* Fitting music and sound-effects used throughout the game.
* A dark story and a creepy manor to explore.
* A great looking menu-system.
* Use of lighting and other cool effects.
Developer: Don McPherson (that's me ). I'm a 1-man-team making this game.
I have made some of the resources for this game myself. However, this game also makes good use of some resources made by others as well. All extra resources used, the ones which are not mine, are legit; either I bought and have the license to use them, or were available freely to use in any RPG Maker project (free or commercial). A full list of credits will be included with the game-manual that will be included with the game.
Screenshots: (click the "Spoiler" button below to reveal)
Last edited by a moderator: