interplay

Professional Idiot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm looking for people to beta test my game for balancing/bug fixing purposes. Anyone of any skill level is recommended and appreciated.

bRbfu2U.png

'It Pours' is an Action RPG inspired by Dark Souls. I yearned to make a game as engaging and challenging as the aforementioned game, so here's my attempt. This is a one-man project that'll hopefully take only weeks to create.

The game puts you in the 'shoes' of an unnamed creature sentenced to eternity in prison for reasons unknown. As you progress through the story, you eventually learn of a race hunted to near-extinction, a religious cult, and a tale of tragedy.

B9KP5gW.png

- Challenging gameplay

- 19 classes to choose from, each with their own special skills and unique abilities.

- Action battle system

- Dozens of skills to mix and match in battle.

mUUU7vT.png

Screenshot (384).png
Screenshot (383).png
Screenshot (397).png
Screenshot (396).png

AiZQt31.png

Development, plot, programming:
Blah_Blee

Tilesets:
Archeia
EvilEagles

Music:
DesperateMeasures
Dreadshadow
jStewart
Ms. Littlefish
mostly-useless
Quigon
RadiantCadenza
Soundray
TheBrogrammer

Scripts:
Yanfly
Nelderson
Szyu
Falcao
TheoAllen
Kread-EX
FenixFyreX
Soulpour777
Khas Arcthunder
Neonblack
IronCroc
Kamesoft

Last edited by a moderator:

Possunen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Okay, so I tried to play the demo, but just when I was killing the first skeletons, this happened:

CUIyqC.png
I don't know what I did, I was smashing F to attack, I think I was about to die or something. Light went on and I was locked inside that box and couldn't move, just turn different directions. :(

//Update// maybe it bugs every time you die? I died when I was fighting the next skeletons too (in the are after first heal /save)... Suddenly there was like ten skeletons smashing around, making very much noise and yeah, well, my character was not taking any damage, instead those skeles just knocked him around. It was very weird o_O

interplay

Professional Idiot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about that, I've since fixed that issue, and updated the download link.

DOWNLOAD

Vartis

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So far I like the story concept and level design. I quickly started spamming spells however as I found the melee combat finicky, but I might not be correctly understanding the dodge mechanic. Anyway after grinding a bit I did notice that if you die on the first boss and spawn at the Guard Quarters the lighting system stays bright for that room and the next. Other than that the first area seems very clean.

Screenshot: http://goo.gl/g7tIH2

A few other things to add/change would be to explain the class system and spell learning in more depth, i found myself just messing with it to learn it. Balancing the mage might be a good idea as well since after learning a few spells i found myself destroying everything in my path to the point of killing higher level enemies in the first area gaining a bunch of levels and getting rather lost. :D

Over all it was rather fun to just explore and kill stuff, you did a good job making it like DarkSouls on that point. Will definitely add to this next time i play.

• Edit:
  • In the hub area at the bottom right getting in the boat stops all audio.
  • I did notice that some shrubs as well as tree "tops" are solid. Not sure if this is working as intended or not. As an example the shrubs/flowers in front of the character are solid making only the bottom route possible. http://goo.gl/mHKJGx
  • After going to Atyo Shores in the boat you cannot move.
  • After talking to Fio about the "Key of sin" you can no longer access the save menu at a stone.

interplay

Professional Idiot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Edit:
  • In the hub area at the bottom right getting in the boat stops all audio.
  • I did notice that some shrubs as well as tree "tops" are solid. Not sure if this is working as intended or not. As an example the shrubs/flowers in front of the character are solid making only the bottom route possible. http://goo.gl/mHKJGx
  • After going to Atyo Shores in the boat you cannot move.
  • After talking to Fio about the "Key of sin" you can no longer access the save menu at a stone.

All the bugs you mentioned have been recognized and fixed. I am now releasing the official beta for It Pours.

Adjustments made in addition to bug fixes:

- Heal and Major Heal have been buffed

- Level up system has been significantly altered. Instead of gaining experience by killing enemies, you will only receive gold, which can be used to raise different stats.

- Many enemies' HP has been reduced, now requiring at least 2-3 hits to kill akin to Dark Souls.

- Enemies will no longer respawn on the hub map

- Reduced enemy frequency on maps.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kijkmk