Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
From our friends at itch.io

We live in a time of racial injustice, inequality, and police brutality against black people. We hope that everyone takes a stand in any way that they can. We’ve partnered with creators from all across our platform to support organizations that are working directly with those affected.

We reached out to our community and an unprecedented number of creators donated over 740 projects to be part of what we believe is the largest bundle ever. Over $3,400 of paid works are available Pay-what-you-want with a minimum donation amount of $5.

All proceeds will donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund split 50/50.

Please note: No Steam (or other external keys) will be given for bundle purchases. Only direct downloads will be available on the itch.io page.

If you’re looking for more ways to help try here: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

#blacklivesmatter

What is itch.io? itch.io is an open marketplace for independent digital creators with a focus on independent video games. Learn more

If you’re a developer who is interested in adding their project to the bundle please reply to the top-level post in this thread.

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, just. I'm kinda speechless. Just started scrolling through the list of stuff and there's so much, so many people behind this and it's raising so much money. Wow...

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Amazing deal for a great cause.

Though I'm massively overwhelmed by the numerous games now in my library. Outside of obvious cult classics like Oneshot, what are titles here people recommend?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oooh, I'm glad I looked at this, I bought it but didn't realize One Shot was on it, I still have to play that. :D

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
If you're a creator as well and want to support in ways other than donation, there's still time to submit to the bundle! I've done so as well. Although at this point I'm not even sure any more games are needed to prove the awesome value of this bundle. And yeah, if you're overwhelmed, it's not a bad idea to just drop $5 to support the cause, then come back to comb through the results every now and then!

I've done that through a few bundles and it's always fun to have a pile of assorted goodies to comb through when you want to chill out

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah well politics aside. While frankly there's a lot of "lesser quality" stuff i there, there's also a ton of nice stuff. And for 5$, it's a steal.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
People certainly try to politicize racism, but try as they might it always has been and always will be a moral issue. It's not political.
Post of the year right there.

Also well done to everyone who gets involved, has their game in the bundle of purchases this.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally, I hope the money raised goes to help people who need the help. Also, I applaud the people who are willing to pitch in and help those in need.

People certainly try to politicize racism, but try as they might it always has been and always will be a moral issue. It's not political.
Not according to these forum rules. I just find it distasteful that the mods get to choose what is political and what is not political when it suits them or when it is something they disagree with. I think we should all be held to the same standard when making posts. I've had posts of mine deleted and have been warned about things I've posted because they were deemed political in nature; however, this OP is about donations to a political affiliated organization, the very epitome of a politically based post. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Philosophy is a morality study. History is an important study for us not repeating the terrible mistakes of the past [If people actually understand the morale lessons in the past.:kaocry:]. I am happy that many developers strive for betterment of other humans and strive for a better understand of other people' s struggle. I hope the developers there get more followers and many people here too. :smile: The intention is caring, understanding, and loving.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are correct. The mods and admins on the forums get to decide what falls under the political banner.

I decided this doesn't fall under the political banner. Archeia asked me my opinion before posting it, so if you want to disagree with someone, I'm your man.

Here is the thing though: Just as with LGBT rights, the idea that Minorities, racial, sexual, or otherwise should be able to just live their lives without worry shouldn't be a political belief. Yes, politicians have politicized it, but at its core, it is NOT political.

We will always stand against discrimination. That has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with being decent human beings.

If you can't agree with that, it is possible you don't belong on this board.

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I looked 1000 items and found 25 assets. As of June 9, 2020
I didn't include toolkit/ free items (few) in this list

- 8bit Overworld Tileset [$3.00]
- Anime RPG Tile Pack - Vol.1 School (PIXEL OF LIFE) [$5.00]
- BearFX Explosions | Pixel VFX Pack [$14.99]
- CanariPack 1BIT TopDown [$2.99]
- CanariPack 8BIT TopDown [$4.99]
- Deep Forest - 16 Colour Tileset [$7.00]
- Dungeon Tileset - Top Down RPG [$20.00]
- Gentle Forest - A "Mana Seed" Pixel Art Tileset [$19.99]
- Heroic Asset Series: Buildings Pack [$8.00]
- Heroic Asset Series: Creature Pack [$8.00]
- Heroic Asset Series: Icon Pack [$7.00]
- Heroic Asset Series: Overworld [$10.00]
- Kenney Game Assets 1 [$9.95]
- Lil' Dragon - Pixel Art Tileset [$15.00]
- Multi Platformer Tileset [$2.99]
- Old Man Character Sound Effects [$3.79]
- PIXEL ART PLATFORM/METROIDVANIA ASSET PACK [$1.99]
- Pixel Art Infinite Runner - Pack [$10.00]
- Pixel Art Medieval Fantasy Characters Pack [$14.00]
- Pixel art Forest [$5.00]
- RPG Items - Retro Pack [$10.00]
- The Pixel Plebes Digital Card Deck [$2.00]
- Tiny Adventure Pack Plus [$2.39]
- Top-Down - Interior Tileset [$20.00]
- Voxel Currency [$1.35]

Total $209.42 | Buy all for $5.00 or more
Prices are USD

Regardless, interesting selection.
Great support for a cause and games are wonderful too!

Edit: Part 2

Last edited:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a nice collection, and very cheap. Unfortunately, I have no need for anything in there.

DeviTheHuman

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it's up to 1300 games and assets now. I don't have much money but I donated what I could. There is some good stuff in there. I downloaded Gateala and Some Like It Hot as well as a few asset bundles.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy
I've read @HumanNinjaToo 's posts in the past and I don't think I share most of his worldview. That beings said, this IS political. I get what you're saying and I understand the forum makes it's own rules and all that, that's fine with me. When I flew over half the world and became an immigrant, I had to accept the culture of my new home country and not stick my head out too much when I disagreed. I'd say that applies to digital platforms such at RMW as well. When in Rome, do as the Romans.

But, I think that we all know that out in the general society this is political. BLM is a political movement and there are people with different opinions on what they want and how they do things. It's comes on a spectrum and it's not all "I love them"/"I hate them".

I can only see two reasons for why some places, like this website, would have a strict "No Politics!" rule.

a) because you don't want the friction that will inevitably come with political discourse in your forums.

or

b) because you don't want to give a platform to political agendas you find despicable.

If you use this platform to amplify your voice of initiative you like, like this one. Then you'd be hard pressed to motivate that rule with "a".

Again, since people so often misunderstand I'd like to stress that just because I write this it does not mean I'm necessarily personally critical (or positive) to this being posted on this forum. I'm here on RMW as a RM user and game dev and I don't want any of my political views connected to my persona on this website (or the games I make).

But I still thought it was worth presenting my 2 cents as to why I think @HumanNinjaToo would find this topic hypocritical.

@tale
Great list you put together there to save others time. It's really appreciated, Thank you. :kaoluv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21