Topdod

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
How would I go about having different variables change depending on which actor uses an item?
Actor 1 uses item 1 which changes variable 1 BUT if actor 2 uses item 1 it will change variable 2 instead.

I get the feeling this is simple but I'm just missing something. I tried common events but it would just raise all the variables which isn't what I need.

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're on the right track with a Common Event. Define a dummy status, have the item do the status on your party, then run the event. In it, the actor who has the status will be the one to execute whatever you want. Like this:
1gvdhn.png

2x0iib.png

31pdvn.png

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
almost exactly that. but instead of adding state to target it needs to be added to user. in this case have damage formula
a.addState(x); y
x being the targeted state, y being item formula or 0

then common event check

Shiro-chan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you add it to user, you can't give it to an ally during battle.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you add it to user, you can't give it to an ally during battle.
the a.addState() will add the state to the user even when the item is targeting someone else.
everything after ; in the formula and everything in the effects box will be applied to the target.

Shiro-chan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the a.addState() will add the state to the user even when the item is targeting someone else.
everything after ; in the formula and everything in the effects box will be applied to the target.
Ok, I re-read the request and you're right. Good call.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Join us and follow along live as we explore A Thief's Voyage by walldeaf.

Draw something
Me: No problemo! ''draws something''
Now draw the same thing from a different angle
Me: So....You have discovered my weakness...
I got a new PC... Nothing wrong with my lil laptop at all! Still works great, and I'll be using it for school. But, the specs for gaming were falling off fast. So I was selfish and bought myself a beast of a PC ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dekartest