Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to have some feedback on this : in my game I took the decision to make much of the decoration checkable (The option is clearly displayed with the mouse system). I tried my best to give each one it's own flavour with a slight touch of humour or anything else. 
Though I just read in the topic about common mistakes that it annoys some players. 

What is your opinion about that? 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll never be able to please all of the players. If you want to make it to appeal to the maximum, just add an option for the mouse, to say whether to show the descriptions or not, and then let the player decide.

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It depends on how it's done. People generalize by saying, "I don't like descriptions for everything", but it might work for your game. Make a personal decision whether it works for your game. If not, you can always post a screenshot or something so that we can give feedback whether it is a good feature or not.

aozgolo

Perfidious Penny Pinching Pollywog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't help but think "not liking descriptions for everything" might be referring to something else. If I don't want flavor text on a painting, why would I even interact with said painting to begin with? I can just as easily ignore it.

Now if I am rifling through barrels and every empty barrel has to stop and tell me "there's nothing in this barrel" yeah that can be annoying, but otherwise I'd say go with it, it's not something that would really negatively impact user's experience and will even enhance it for some.

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you do what several classic RPGs did and classify, say, barrels and chests as things that should be interacted with, then people know to interact with barrels and nothing else. I think as long as the player knows what to interact with that will actually contain something then it's good. I remember playing many RPG Maker games and realizing they were a fantastic games marred by too many object explanations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.
Thought something big was going down when I saw a riot van and two cop cars outside my home. Nope. Just multiple calls about one man kicking off in the street. xD
RPG Maker MZ does confirm in its RPG Maker website blog about new features. Graphics of course look gorgeous, but how about what keeps the engine together?
This image made me realize... My new sky area needs flying dominoes. :LZSexcite:

Though I will probably make them more awkward in some unforeseen way. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap