Item Morph/Item Trade

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by NatuElChido, Jul 30, 2019.

1. NatuElChido

NatuElChido Rookie Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! This overall is an open question, because I want to read some ideas how to implement this system.
    For a little of context, my game have a night/day cicle (Similar to persona games) where in day you pick-up items and the history progresses and in the night, you do the actual fighting of monster and stuff.

So one of the main mechanics is to buy normal-everyday items and this during the night, became or morph into battle items, for example, a bottle of water becomes a potion.

Think is, i'm not sure is this is posible to archive in vanilla RPG Maker MV (In this case) or I'll have to use a plugin. This is where you guys can help me, since I have no idea how can I archive this.
    Thank you in advance, I'll be reading and cosidering every idea you can send me. Thanks.

(Mods: I'm so sorry if I put this post in a wrong forum, I don't know else to put it since is an open question about possible solutions)

2. AfroKat

AfroKat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but is your question morphing items?

I don't understand why you would do that. If the player does by normal items to use at night time, why not just use the same item? They are still human and need to eat and drink. Changing a hamburger into a Super Potion, and a Cheeseburger into a Phoenix Down would make it much more confusing then it needs to be. Not to mention players have to memorize 2x the items.

3. NatuElChido

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's exactly what I can do, the idea behind.
    I don't what to go into to much detail of the why i want to do this, because is kinda complex, but to put it simple, the battling monsters partoccurs inside of the protagonist dreams, that's why you cannot carry items from outside the dream into battle.
    The idea is to trade the "Memory" of the item for Items that can only be use in dreams. That opens another trouble, the managing of 2 inventories, but for that you can use the Variable System.
    Thanks for the answer, btw.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

In addition, please note that the forum limit for signatures is 800 x 220 pixels, and that image is way deeper than 220. Please edit it to reduce the size.

5. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You can opt to do it via events via checking how much of an item the player have, then remove that amount of the item and add the same amount of the new item... This would be huge though if you have a lot of these items.

6. Finneess

Finneess Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You could to this trough a common event before the time changes into night. For example; You set a variable to the amount you posses of certain item, then proced to remove that amount and add the equivalent to that item, and viceversa when you switch back, and so on with all the items you want to morph.

While I don't know or use MV that much, it would look something like this:
    (Btw, sorry for the comments, I don't use the program on english haha)

Attached Files:

• yup.PNG
      yup.PNG
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  7. NatuElChido

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the help.
    Again I'm so sorry for not explaining me again.
    Think is, you sell this "Memories" of the items, that's why I cannot simply morph all items at once.
    Again sorry for not mentioning this before.

Para el chico en español:
    No puedo cambiar todos los items de una vez, porque tienes que vender las "memorias" de los items por los items para batalla. No seas tímido de escribir en Españo, lo entiendo perfectamente :)

8. Finneess

Finneess Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If that's the case, I think i found a plugin that could do the trick;

Essentially, it gaves you the abillity to craft items through recipes, so you could use Day time items as the recipe for the Night time items, you can do this with weapons and armors as well, while also being a shop since you can also use money to craft the item itself. Of course, this would need some tweaking, mainly on terms of vocab. Hope it helps.

PD: No había visto tu nombre, pero aún así sigo escribiendo en inglés porque así son las reglas :p

NatuElChido likes this.
  9. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, let me see if I understand what you want.

During the daytime there is no combat. You want to be able to purchase daytime items and put them in your inventory.
    During daytime, your inventory should only show daytime items.

During nighttime, there is combat. You cannot see your daytime items in your inventory, only your nighttime items. Nighttime items can be used in combat.
    During nighttime there's some way to convert individual daytime items into nighttime items.

Is that correct?

10. NatuElChido

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll test it!

Yeah, that's correct, but, the conversion of this daytime items is THE ONLY way you can get nighttime items via buying it in daytime.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2019
  11. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @NatuElChido I've merged your two posts together. If you want to quote more than one person, please use the Multiquote/+Quote button for all posts you want to reply to. Alternatively you can just @ them, like I did in my post here.