evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi guys. So here I go again, posting in hopes someone has found a way to do it.

In RPG Maker MV, we have the amazing plugin that makes all items unique items (they can't be stacked). With this, we can randomize the values of our weapons and armors, making each item unique. Let's say, for instance, I create a weapon with 10 attack, 5 agility. With a pluging like this, everytime the game generates that item, be it through shop or event or crafting, the attack and agility would be randomize according to what we had specified.
For my surprise, the first plugin that makes all items unique and not stackable has already been created by a guy named DvLyon. It works perfectly. So I was wondering how hard would it be to make the randomization part, so we could have projects like Path of Exile, Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, where all the items we get are randomized, and you're always looking for those perfect rolls.

Something else that I always dreamed of for RPG Maker MZ is the durability system or a breaking system in combat. I have managed to create a very clunky and complicated event that would generate a variable and each time an enemy dies, the item has a chance to break. However, that depends on luck, and it's really demotivating to see your item breaking when an enemy dies, makes no sense. So I was wondering, would it be possible to have a plugin that simplificated the event? I don't mean like MV, in which we have bars in the items showing their durability, items to repair them, not necessarily like that. That is very complicated to be made, for sure! I was just wondering like a small note we would add to the items that every time we hit with that weapon or when we are hit wearing that armor, it has a chance to break. For instance, writing <break = 10> would make my sword chance to break by 10% every time I perform an attack or skill. Or <break = 5> would mean everytime I get hit, there's a 5 chance for my armor with that note to break.

I hope you guys got the idea, since I'm trying to create a non-story rpg in RPG Maker MZ. I'm trying to go with a "open-world you decide what to do" RPG. You create a character, do quests, harvest, craft, buy items, they break, you harvest, you farm, you equipe yourself, you try killing and advancing father, you lose items, you get them back, etc etc". That's the feeling I'm aiming for, but it's really hard without these 2 systems in the game. I mean, I have created 5 types of the same sword, each one varying from stats, but that's not ideal. It's just making my game very very heavy and coding all those items in the crafting and in the drop pools, it's really breaking my back.

That's the message I wanted to leave. Have fun guys! I hope more people are excited about these 2 ideas too, and that the plugin geniuses are also interested in these ideas.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I technically got the independent items part of the yf item core working. But since yf strictly said no ports are allowed, I can't share it. But aside from having no display of the durability, they both are working fine in my project.

Long story short, we have to wait for VS to release the MZ version of independent items and then hope we can do our own edits and add-ons which is not likely...

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I always wanted a zenonia starter kit from rpg maker. zenonia, diablo, ragnarok online.. they have the best loot drop mechanics.. set items, rarity, break, craft, combine, forge, upgrade, random stats, random effects.. we want that when an item is dropped, we check our inventory about its stats, are there rare? then discard it.. or if its slotted, we upgrade it with gems or cards or materia whatever..
item drops in map, you pick it up, throw it back, and it disappears after some time..

but i was not able to use real good item instances, i only remember that of modern algebra in rpg maker mv, and tomoaky's card slot plugin..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hjbkwjhef