Item that performs addNewState on the user

Daemoshiin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Back at it again with the inane stat alteration questions!
Is there a way to make an item that performs the addNewState function to the actor that is using it?

Note that I cannot simply use the defualt state adding thing in the item editor, due to the necessity of applying the state multiple times to the same actor (Something that only seems to work through addNewState)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using Buffs & States Core or any other state-affecting plugins?

Daemoshiin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Buffs & States core yes.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note that if you intend the state to wear off after a given number of turns, addNewState will not be sufficient, as it doesn't set the turns for the state.

Technically speaking, addNewState is a "lower-level" function than addState (in fact, addState calls addNewState), so by using it you may need to do extra work.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Daemoshiin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fortunately I do not intend for it to expire; ever, in fact. So that isn't an issue for me at the moment, lol

For context, I'm using it as a way to raise an Actor's parameters, but I'm using custom parameters so all of the default ways like to chug pretty hard when attempting to get them to work with the custom ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr