Item that permanently increases Hit Rate / Evasion

Zinnherz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there! This might be an easy question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

We all know and love those rare items that permanently increase our party's stats, right?
Finding that one usable item that can permanently increase your mage's defense is pretty great, and it's pretty easy to create such an item with MV, however, I use hit rate and evasion a little more prominently in my project, so I was wondering, if there was a way to permanently increase hit rate by 1% for example.

The item effects only list HP, MP, Atk, Def, M.Atk, M.Def, Agility and Luck.
But no extra parameters like critical hit rate, evasion, counter rate, etc.
So I was wondering if I could create an item that would increase those stats?

Thank you in advance. Maybe anyone knows a workaround for this. I am using Yanfly's Extra Parameter Control, but that doesn't seem to offer the increase through items. Only for equipment, skills, states, etc.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default, you'll need a plugin for dynamic traits.
then you can use script code provided by that plugin to permanently add traits to your actors.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you end up finding a good plugin that works with Yanflys stuff let us know. Could a possible workaround be using Yanfly extra parameter control to create a state that you can use as a passive state (using the passive state plugin) and when the item is used it applies that state?

Zinnherz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default, you'll need a plugin for dynamic traits.
then you can use script code provided by that plugin to permanently add traits to your actors.

That's what I expected. I didn't really know what to look for, so thanks for the hint. I looked at shaz' and Galv's plugins for dynamic traits, but both of them don't seem to utilize items, or I simply overlooked that.

Could a possible workaround be using Yanfly extra parameter control to create a state that you can use as a passive state (using the passive state plugin) and when the item is used it applies that state?

I did try using that exact workaround, however; you can't seem to add a passive state by using an item on an actor. Only through equipment, class, actor, and skill. And even if it did work, I would need to create different states because otherwise you wouldn't be able to use the item twice on the same actor.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
workaround - stat allocation with item being the cost to increase the ex/sp-parameters
alt - passive state from learning skill and the item teaches the skill with <Hide in Field> and <Hide in Battle> tags on the skill

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)
Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
yo how do I change my profile picture?
ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gameshauwndjoli