Items not working in battle at all.

DGNNY

Retart
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Every time I try to use an item in a battle, it gets consumed, no animation plays, nothing gets restored, nothing happens at all. How do I fix this?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How to fix this
  • add animation
  • add restoration effect
  • or maybe add formula
  • ????
  • fixed
In all seriousness, when you ask a question like this, explain in detail.
What have you done? how did you set up your item? What exactly do you want?
A screenshot on how you set up the item would be better.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically there are only two possibilities here:
1) you made a mistake with your items - that means we need to see screenshots of how the items are made to see if there is a mistake
2) you have used scripts in a way that broke your game engine. In that case we need to see a screenshot of your script editor's materials section to even guess what might have caused this problem.

Halno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Pt/Eng
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As the other users have said, we do really need more information to help you. There is barely anything to work off from what you've given us, and at this point it could be literally anything- you could have configured your item wrong, you could have misconfigured scripts, cthulu may have taken over your computer...

But we're here to help! just upload a few pictures of:

Your Battle Sequence
Your Item & it's effects
Your Events (If any)
Your Scripts (If any)

DGNNY

Retart
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How to fix this
  • add animation
  • add restoration effect
  • or maybe add formula
  • ????
  • fixed

I tried to look for something I could be doing wrong before I even made the thread, but I really can't find anything. No matter what item it is or what effects it has, it only shows a message for the actor using it in a battle. The item has no effect and plays no animation. They actually work fine when I'm not in a battle.
I have Yanfly's core engine, battle engine, and party system, Yami engine, a script for text sounds, and a script that you gave me a while ago that adds magic hit rates.

How to fix this
  • add animation
  • add restoration effect
  • or maybe add formula
  • ????
  • fixed
It was a script by Hime that adds states that make enemies untargetable, sorry for the trouble i'm a bit slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

DGNNY, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please use the 'Edit' button in the future if you wish to add something to your last post. I've merged the two posts together.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your damage formula is strange - it makes the item recover one fourth of the current HP. Which means that it works less the more damaged the actor is If the actor had only 3 HP remaining that item would heal zero.

most people use the MaxHP for such formulae instead of regular HP.

Halno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Pt/Eng
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, at first glance, there really is nothing wrong with your items themselves, but you did mention that you used several scripts that alter how the battle sequences work.

My best guess is that when transferring or customizing your scripts (Yanfly's scripts are known for their customization) you could have edited something that altered how items are processed in battle.

To troubleshoot this, make a copy of your game and try removing scripts or altering your script load order until you see effects (say you remove yanfly's battle engine and the items work, now we know that it's that particular plugin thats preventing your items from working, even though now you only have VXA basic battle engine, but we can work from there)

Hope we could be of help, please post a follow up so we can continue to try and solve your issue, cheers!

EDIT:
It was a script by Hime that adds states that make enemies untargetable, sorry for the trouble i'm a bit slow.

Ah, i didn't notice you had solved your issue the first time i read it, my apologies! I'm glad you managed to solve your issue.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally returning to one of my least favorite parts of game deving - mapping.
Me, adding new map: Okay, so this map will be the - wait...Map 501?! O.O E-excuse me?!
So, yup...breaking into the 500's for map count. Some are placeholders for now, since I haven't gotten around to actually mapping them yet. But soon. Very soon...oof, I'm scared.
Did anyone else get a 'sever error' a little while ago on fourms? because I did...
So... today was a friend birthday and she explicitly requested this little scene, otherwise she'll come to my house and shot me with a water gun.

Kinda late to the party but if you're trying to make a game with relatively large roster, my suggestion: be ready for a long, long ride yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucianth